Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:19 pm 

The tour mode/ hotspot editor in v2.0 lack the possibility to choose which image to view for each hotspot, like "Display -> Object -> Other..." in v1.8. This is only possible making a separate style for each hotspot, a solution that don't scale for a large amount of hotspots.

If I try to make the project in v1.8 and import to v2.0, each hotspot loses its image and gets the default hotspot image.

Hopefully this can be fixed very soon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:35 pm 

urke wrote:
The tour mode/ hotspot editor in v2.0 lack the possibility to choose which image to view for each hotspot, like "Display -> Object -> Other..." in v1.8. This is only possible making a separate style for each hotspot, a solution that don't scale for a large amount of hotspots.

If I try to make the project in v1.8 and import to v2.0, each hotspot loses its image and gets the default hotspot image.

Hopefully this can be fixed very soon.

How many different hotspot custom images do you need in a tour?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:38 pm 

mediavets wrote:

Right now I need about 200...

We all have different projects and needs, so I believe limitations should be removed rather than added to the Kolor software.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:00 pm 

urke wrote:
mediavets wrote:

We all have different projects and needs, so I believe limitations should be removed rather than added to the Kolor software.

200 in one tour?

If you are going to create 'library' of 200 different custom hostpot graphics - for use in mant tours/projecets - then what's the issue about creating a libarray of 200 hotspot styles to use with each of these custom graphics?

You only need one hotspot style for each of your custom hotspot graphics.

It's really very little different - in terms of workload - to what you'd be doing with PTP 1.8.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 pm 

urke wrote:
mediavets wrote:

200 DIFFERENTLY DESIGNED hotspots? Or 200 hotspots of the same kind?

You can easily use 200 differently designed hotspots in 1.8 by having 200 differently designed hotspots in the tour´s folder.
In the xml you can choose which kind of spot you like to use in a scene.
You of course need to name them differently and select them accordingly in the xml.

But you need to design them in a way PTP can handle it relating size, animation andf so. Look at the KRPano site!

I have no idea whether that will also work in 2.0. The hotspot menue seems endless - but . . . .

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:27 pm 

What I need is to choose which image to display for each hotspot in Properties -> "Display parameters". Just like "Object" under "Display parameters" in v1.8. In v2.0 there is just "tooltip".

It could and should still be one single hotspot style, not hundreds of different styles for just a single project.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 pm 

urke wrote:
What I need is to choose which image to display for each hotspot in Properties -> "Display parameters". Just like "Object" under "Display parameters" in v1.8. In v2.0 there is just "tooltip".

It could and should still be one single hotspot style, not hundreds of different styles for just a single project.

It will be one Hotspot style for each type of hotspot with a custom graphic.

You surely don't use hundreds of different custom hotspot graphics in a single tour?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:04 pm 

mediavets wrote:

You surely don't use hundreds of different custom hotspot graphics in a single tour?

Not very helpful. I understand that you don't miss this feature from v1.8. Nevertheless, I do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:17 pm 

urke wrote:
mediavets wrote:

Not very helpful.

What I as trying to communicate was that, say, you have a custom graphic associated with hotspots that link to web sites. You don't need a separate hotspot style for each instance, you just need one for all instances.

Quote:
I understand that you don't miss this feature from v1.8. Nevertheless, I do.

I just feel it's not so very different although the workflow is not the same.

In PTP 1.8 using the Hotspot Editor you place the hotspot, and then in the Hotspot properties panel you select the custom graphic you have created in advance.

In PTP 2.0 in the Style section you create the Hotspot styles for the project using the custom graphics you have created in advance, then in the Tour section's Hotspot editor you place your hotspot and associate it with the appropriate Hotspot style.