Title display  

This forum is fully dedicated to Panotour / Panotour Pro bug reports as well as feature discussion.
no avatar
f-visuals

Title display

by f-visuals » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:46 am

Hey guys from Kolor !
I'm feeling a bit frustrated so far with the "title" plugin. A very great (and absolutely necessary to my point of view) feature that you should add is a background color box where the title would be displayed ; a little bit like for "description" plug. Right now the title is just impossible to read if you have a "messy" area in your panorama.

I tried to trick the software by using description plug to get my title on a semi transparent box but it doesn't work very well. No chance to center (or justify, or right anchor) the text and no chance to size the box. Compared to the text (one line) the box is very big and well, once displayed on a tablet or phone, the box doesn't fit anymore and it's cropping the text area.

Any chance you could add those features (color box for title plug + options to layout text in description plug) for next beta version ?
Thanks very much for all your efforts !

All the best !

Destiny

Re: Title display

by Destiny » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi...

Sorry to say the title has issues, its a known bug WIP.. As I understand it, just Mac.. So are you using a Mac..?

You can hand code edit your Title until this bug is fixed, its not too hard.. You can use a Text Editor for this...

In the #_skin.xml you will will find this code.... The last line has the font size.. Just make it what you want..
Above that line, you will find the Font type..

!-- Current Panorama Title -->
<!-- ********************** -->

<events name="title_currentpanorama_events"
onTourStart="showtitle_currentpanorama();"
hidetourcontrols="hidetitle_currentpanorama();"
showtourcontrols="showtitle_currentpanorama();"
onnewpano="updatetitle_currentpanorama();"
keep="true" />

<action name="hidetitle_currentpanorama">set(layer[title_currentpanorama].visible, false);</action>
<action name="showtitle_currentpanorama">set(layer[title_currentpanorama].visible, true );</action>

<action name="updatetitle_currentpanorama">
getmessage(layer[title_currentpanorama].html, get(scene[get(xml.scene)].titleid));
escape(layer[title_currentpanorama].html);
</action>
<layer name="title_currentpanorama" keep="true" zorder="2"
url="%FIRSTXML%/graphics/textfield.swf"
align="top" x="0" y="0" width="100%" autoheight="true"
background="false" capture="false" handcursor="false" selectable="false" enabled="false"
borderwidth="0"
alpha="1"
visible="false"
textshadow="1"
css="text-align:center;
color:#666666;
font-family:Cambria;
font-size:30px;"/

In the #_messages_en.xml you will find this line <data name="en_project_title">Destiny Test Title</data>
This is your Text Title..

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Destiny wrote:Hi...

Sorry to say the title has issues, its a known bug WIP.. As I understand it, just Mac.. So are you using a Mac..?

You can hand code edit your Title until this bug is fixed, its not too hard.. You can use a Text Editor for this...

In the #_skin.xml you will will find this code.... The last line has the font size.. Just make it what you want..
Above that line, you will find the Font type..

Destiny..

He wasn't seeking to change the size he wants a background 'container' for the Title.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:35 pm

Oh.. To be honest it been asked for before, where the Logo could be Pano specific rather than Tour specific.. That way there would be many more options, including adding a url.. I will check out the code tomorrow and see if I can work out a temporary solution..

Destiny..
Last edited by Destiny on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
f-visuals

by f-visuals » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Yep ! I was looking for a "container". But I think I confused you talking in the same topic of the "description" plugin. In this particular one, yes I find frustrating to not be able having more flexibility and text position, unless maybe if you look in xml (which is something I'm capable of but that I really don't like :p )
Destiny, if you can manage a code for this title container, you would rock. I will have to deliver a tour in the next few days and if that (tiny) issue could be solved, I think my client would appreciate a lot !

All the best !

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:18 am

Hi.. Painful.... I was hoping to allow the Logo to be Pano specific but its not working.. Its already been asked for but like so many features, we are waiting... There is a lot of work in getting the current build bugs fixed so we need to be considerate of that.. Saying that, a Logo Specific feature I would have thought would be really beneficial.. That way you can change the graphic easy, the xy, and add a url as well...

I tried adding currentpanorama, to the logo code as with the Title... I will give it another go later..

Destiny..

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:57 am

f-visuals wrote:I'm feeling a bit frustrated so far with the "title" plugin. A very great (and absolutely necessary to my point of view) feature that you should add is a background color box where the title would be displayed ; a little bit like for "description" plug. Right now the title is just impossible to read if you have a "messy" area in your panorama.

And a coloredArea plugin defined behind the title plugin ?

no avatar
f-visuals

by f-visuals » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks Benji, this is indeed a solution. Not an ultimate one but can fill the gap until you guys develop a feature like previously mentionned (hopefully !!!)

All the best

Return to Panotour bugs & discussion