Overlay with hotspots NOT using floor plan plugin?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Treto

Topic author
Liked in: 7 posts
Info

Overlay with hotspots NOT using floor plan plugin?

by Treto » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:10 am

Hello:

I am currently using the Floor Plan plugin for another item in my tour and need to essentially add a second instance of a floor plan. I know a second instance of the Floor Plan plugin is not possible, but wondered if there is another way to have a button display an another image + overlay that also has hotspots in it.

My tour is for a series of islands. I am using the Floor Plan plugin to navigate around a single island.

The new button I need would display a custom, illustrated map with hotspots to go to a different island. Clicking on the new island hotspot loads a new tour into the same window. And, yes, I did consider building one master tour with all islands/panos, but a couple of other plugins I am using prohibit me from doing it that way.

I considered creating a button with actions to display the new map and other buttons on top of the map, but it seems like it will be insane to get the x/y coordinates to align for the buttons I place on top of the map.

I figured I would ask if there was a better way before I tried to figure out crazy coordinates.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

Re: Overlay with hotspots NOT using floor plan plugin?

by benji33 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:17 am

You can add specific scenes as planar to show the map only for instance. In this case the map is displayed or the scene but not the 2 at the same time.

You can also create a floorplan by Group. The group floor plan will be displayed when you're into a scene of the current group. Yes it's not optimum.

You can add an HTML website viewer plugin to access a second tour of course but in this case you have to made the javascript code to call a scene of the priomary tour from an other tour embeded into an iframe. Not always an easy task.
Benjamin

no avatar
Treto

Topic author
Info

by Treto » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:03 am

Thanks Benjamin.

I ended up using a button to display the map as a graphic with more buttons on top of it. I manually calculated the placement of the overlay buttons that are functioning like map markers.

no avatar
Treto

Topic author
Info

by Treto » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi benji33:

Is it possible to auto slide a planer scene left/right/up/down based on mouse position?

no avatar
Treto

Topic author
Info

by Treto » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:37 pm

mouse position meaning cursor position. :)

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Not possible with the GUI. You have to code it with krpano.
Benjamin