No background audio on .ptv file ...   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Matthew Dobrski

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

No background audio on .ptv file ...

by Matthew Dobrski » Wed May 02, 2018 7:26 pm

The only reason why I spent this horrendous amount of money to purchase Panotour Pro is the 200 MP size limit of input file in standard version. However, I'm having issue with background audio, which apparently can be embedded in PP as an option. When created .PTV file is loaded into Panotour Viewer, I'm getting an yellow error text "soundinterface-loading of data/sounds/filenamehere.mp3 failed!". Why is that?

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 126 posts
Info

Re: No background audio on .ptv file ...

by bdd » Mon May 07, 2018 10:28 am

You can create a tour with sound in a ptv file, but the internal browser of Panotour Viewer won't be able to display it.
That's why there is a warning when you run such tour telling you to click on "Open in a browser" .
1/ Which browser do you use to display the ptv file ?

2/ Is this browser able to open the audio file in the standard tour (not the ptv tour) ?

Gérald

no avatar
Matthew Dobrski

Topic author
Info

by Matthew Dobrski » Tue May 08, 2018 3:52 am

Gerald, this is totally new territory for me to explore, so please bear with me ... At this moment I have no intention to share my panoramas with the world, so this is slightly different scenario. What browser are you talking about? I stitch my +/- 500 MP panorama in APG 4.4, I process resulting TIFF image further in Photoshop, I export the image into PTP 2.5 to create simple 360x180 tour. Finally I build the tour with optional .ptv file to watch it on my Retina monitor with your Panotour Viever 1.1.

What do I need to do to watch my creations on the same monitor with music in the background and/or all other bells and whistles PTP is offering?

Regards,
Matthew.

no avatar
Matthew Dobrski

Topic author
Info

by Matthew Dobrski » Wed May 09, 2018 10:48 pm

That much I know, but for some reason the sound doesn't play back when file is opened in local browser on my Mac. It actually happen once with one tour, but I wasn't able to replicate this anymore.

no avatar
Matthew Dobrski

Topic author
Info

Re: No background audio on .ptv file ...  [SOLVED]

by Matthew Dobrski » Fri May 11, 2018 1:29 am

OK, figured this out, myself as usual :p ... To play the tour with embedded sound on my Mac I'm using small app called krpano Testing Server, which is a part of krpano tour maker trial software. The execution is somehow awkward as for now because I must launch the app first and drag the HTML file to it, but at least I can test created tour properly ... Thank you for nothing :lol: ...