Cannot link hotspot to something else than a pano...   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Jiheffe

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Cannot link hotspot to something else than a pano...

by Jiheffe » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:28 pm

OK, so I must say I'm not a regular user... I have Panotour Pro latest version on my Mac.

In the past I dit make tours in which some hotspots were liking to other panos, and other hotspots were linking to photos that would simply pop up when the user clicked on the hotspot.
So as said, I didn't use Panotour for some time, so I may be missing the obvious... I just created a new tour. But when I add hotspots, I can only link to another panorama, not to a photo ...
Batibouw.jpeg

I reopened an old project with hotspots to photos... This is what I see there:
Hallerbos.jpeg

What am I missing? Why don't I see these options in my new project?
Thnx for helping !

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

Re: Cannot link hotspot to something else than a pano...

by Destiny » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:06 am

Hi. Looks like there is a gap in the image url..

Is the image online or in a file folder within your Tour...

You can just type. ../myimage.jpg if its in the same Tour.. If its an images from a different website, you will need to add the full url.. You can add images into a folder on your sever, but you need to provide the full url.. ie. http:/servername/myimags/image1.jpg .. with no gaps in the url...

no avatar
Jiheffe

Topic author
Info

by Jiheffe » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:51 am

Hi Destiny,

I think I didn't make myself clear :-). When I open an older project (screenshot 1), and I edit a hotspot, I can make it link to another pano, or to a photo. These photos are on my disk, just as the panos, and when I generate to tour they are copied over to the output. In the resulting tour, there are camera-shaped pulsing hotspots that open the photos. See http://pano.jfschmitz.com/hallerbos/ for an example.

The problem is in the new tour (second screenshot): there I can only link a hotspot to another pano, the option to link to a photo is simply not available...

Clément_S

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

Re: Cannot link hotspot to something else than a pano...  [SOLVED]

by Clément_S » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:48 am

Hi,

When you create a new tour, the point spot has the action "Go to a panorama or a group" associated with it by default. To create spots that trigger other actions you need to either edit the default spot or create a new one in the "Style" tab.

More info about hotspots: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/view/Panotour_-_Style_tab#Spots_Style
More info about actions: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/view/Panotour_-_Style_-_Actions#Go_to_a_panorama_or_a_group

I hope that helps.

Best,

Clément - Kolor team

Jiheffe likes this post.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:48 am

Are you setting a hotspot to this..

Attachments
DisplayAnImage-1.jpg

no avatar
Jiheffe

Topic author
Info

by Jiheffe » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:31 pm

Clément_S wrote:When you create a new tour, the point spot has the action "Go to a panorama or a group" associated with it by default. To create spots that trigger other actions you need to either edit the default spot or create a new one in the "Style" tab.

Ok, got it... :rolleyes: That's what's happens when you don't use features regularly enough, I guess :/
Thnx a bunch!