Click on a hotspot and zoom in to a specific area  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
ijarboe

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Click on a hotspot and zoom in to a specific area

by ijarboe » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Hello everyone, You can go to my tour here: feedthegiant.org/church. After you navigate either through the welcome or entrance you will see stained glass windows. What I would like is to when you click on the "i" it zooms in and gets a closer look at the window. Then a description window slides in which I have figured out that part. Any ideas? I thought I had seen it used somewhere before

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

Re: Click on a hotspot and zoom in to a specific area

by benji33 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:11 am

Your sample is working. With zoom and description. Solved ?
Benjamin

no avatar
ijarboe

Topic author
Info

by ijarboe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:11 pm

I'm looking for more control at the spot that it looks to. For the stained glass window I would like it to zoom in and have the whole window. It could be confusing for the user.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:14 am

You can try the "View control > Lookto" action if you're not able to do it with transitions.
Benjamin

no avatar
ijarboe

Topic author
Info

by ijarboe » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi Benji33,

So I tried the look to action and that seemed to be a great way to do it but that only "updates" the view. So if the user is looking only slightly off in one direction it updates and looks past that direction. If there was a way to lock it down and say look at this "point" that is what would be useful. Any thoughts?

no avatar
Rubidze

Info

by Rubidze » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:13 pm

Let me join the club! I came to this thread because I am looking this exact same feature. Somehow to give hotspot an action to take given view direction and zoom level. My goal would be after that to have a transition to another panorama which is pointed to the same area that previous zoomed in. This would give some kind of smooth thransitions from one panorama to another.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 am

Have you tried to setup a "Go to panorama" action with a transition to custom view where the custom view is the zoomed view prepared into the preview of the action (cf. image below) ?
Capture.PNG

Note: the zoom limit is defined into the scene properties. For large zoom you have sometimes to Uncheck the "Limit to image resolution" checkbox into the scene view propeties.
Benjamin

no avatar
Rubidze

Info

by Rubidze » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:34 pm

Thanks benji33 for your suggestion, but this works only in some cases. When point is placed exactly where it should zoom in, then it does almost what expected. Bad thing is that it zooms in to particular level and then it is extremely dificult to align the destination view.

I found a little bit more complicated, but somewhat better solution for my project. I crated a Point Style with 3 actions:
Panotour-point-actions.png

1) custom Krpano code "lookto(-0.65,-1.7,9.23,smooth(720,-120,720));" just tells to go to needed yaw, pitch and zoom of the source.
2) Panotours built in action to transfer to another panorama with custom view.
3) custom Krpano code "wait(2);lookto(-5.55,10,74.38,smooth(300,-200,720));" is for waiting just a little bit after transition between panos and then move to the view I would like.

Most difficult part is finding exact spot where the first custom command should take. I find these yaw, pitch and zoom numbers by trial and error.

You can take a look at my results here http://joekaaru.ee/pano/ Not all transitions have this solution.

During this I found a bug that after saving Panotour project and reopening it, the second custom Krpano code disappears. Will open a separate thread for this bug.