Hiding Hotspots except for hotspots linking to next panorama  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Meyerpro

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Hiding Hotspots except for hotspots linking to next panorama

by Meyerpro » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:58 am

Hi

I wonder if this is possible - I have added a call to action feature so that when my tour starts all hot spots are hidden. I want this feature, so that you can choose when to show/hide the hot spots. However, the issue I have is that my hot spots which link the panos together are also hidden. Is there a way to have all my hot spots hidden at the start of the tour, except for my spots linking all the tours together? Or would I need to have an image bar on the side in order to go to the next tour, or add the feature "next/previous pano" into my toolbar? Would really like to have spots reflected on the actual tour though, linking the panos?

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 118 posts
Info

Re: Hiding Hotspots except for hotspots linking to next pano

by bdd » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Hello,

You can have a look to this free third-party action : "Show Hide Specific Hotspots"
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... c_hotspots

You may have to use it with the free extra plugin : "Call actions on tour events"
http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... 28CAOTE.29

Gérald

no avatar
Meyerpro

Topic author
Info

by Meyerpro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi Gerald

Thank you very much for your reply.

I downloaded the 3rd party action to show/hide specific hotspots, and unzipped it in my user directory. I don't see the option in the program though, after I have installed it. I have added it into my "actions" folder, and under the "plugin" folder under user directory, but still don't see the option once I have opened up my project.

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Meyerpro wrote:Hi Gerald

Thank you very much for your reply.

I downloaded the 3rd party action to show/hide specific hotspots, and unzipped it in my user directory. I don't see the option in the program though, after I have installed it. I have added it into my "actions" folder, and under the "plugin" folder under user directory, but still don't see the option once I have opened up my project.

the "ShowHideSpecificHotspotsKeywordsAndCategories.zip" file contains an "actions" directory. And this directory contains 6 files : one XML and 5 TMPL files
Those 6 files have to be placed in the "actions" subdirectory of your "Panotour Pro User directory" (the one that opens when you click on the Panotour Pro menu : "Open USer Directory" .

Then re-start Panotour Pro .

Now in the actions list, there should be 4 new actions : "Hide Hotspots by keyword", "Show Hotspots by keyword", "Hide Hotspots by category" and "Show Hotspots by category"

Gérald

no avatar
Meyerpro

Topic author
Info

by Meyerpro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Thank you very much Gerald. I managed to get the actions into my project.

I still have the issue of the point style which goes to the next Pano, responding to the show/hide hot spots on my toolbar. I did add an action to the specific point style which goes to the next pano, to say it should show hotspot by keyword, and then changed the spot name to that keyword. Doesn't seem to work :( Not sure what I am doing wrong

no avatar
Meyerpro

Topic author
Info

by Meyerpro » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi Gerald

I managed to have the correct point style (next pano point) show when the tour starts, and the other hot spots remain hidden, which is great. The only issue I have now, is that the point style which go to the next panos, still responds to the show/hide request on the toolbar. Is there a way to set it that it doesn't respond to that request? I still need it on my toolbar, so that my tour can show/hide the other hot spots in my tour. I just don't want it to hide or toggle my point styles that link all my tours together.

bdd
Kolor Team

Info

by bdd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:07 pm

In current version of Panotour Pro, you cannot change the actions of control bars buttons.
If you want to hide all spots, except some ones, when clicking on the "hide hotspots" button, you'll have to edit the generated XML file, and change the call done on this button.

Gérald