iPad / iOS offline tour integration  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Yugs

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

iPad / iOS offline tour integration

by Yugs » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi everyone,

A customer of ours came up with a request : he would like to integrate tours inside a custom iOS app, and for convenience when on the move, he'd like everything to work offline.

From what I've seen and experienced, just adding the .html file and data folder to the iPad and then using an iframe wouldn't work because of browser security restrictions. So far I've seen three potential solutions, and I'd like to know if anyone has ever achieved something similar :

- Using Panotour Viewer : I know that it's a viable way of hosting and viewing tours offline on a mobile device, but is it possible to create a link in a custom app that would redirect to a specific tour within PTV ?

- Using a file managing app : same problem as with PTV : some apps seem to work fine for viewing locally hosted tours using the .html file, but is it possible to direct a visitor to a tour through a link in another app ?

- Using a local webserver : this looks like the most promising and flexible solution and this is what Kolor advises for viewing offline tours on desktop ; but is it possible to set up on iOS devices ? If so would our customer be able to add links or even iframes in his custom app to access his tours while offline ?

Kind regards.