Day / Night Transistion. UPDATED  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
All Seeing One

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Day / Night Transistion. UPDATED

by All Seeing One » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi All,

I am looking for some more "specific" help on creating a Night / Day transition in a tour. To do this I have created a test tour that is made up of 3 locations and 4 images. Therefore all locations have a daytime image and one of them also has a night time image.

To do this I will NOT be using Point Spots, instead I am using a fixed location Icon to activate the "Panorama Specific Toggle button" Plug-in.

All images are orientated the same way so regular KEEPVIEW functions will work when applied post build.

Where I have got to so far:

I have created a nice pair of icons (Moon & Sun) to use as the toggle switch. A single instance of the Pano Specific Toggle has been applied and in it I have set the first state as the Moon Icon and the Second State Icon as the Sun. (This is becasue you arrive at the dual scene pano in daylight first so night time is the option you want presented.)

Then I have added the 2 pano images each set to Basic > Go to a Pano and the 2 transistions set to none. And finally I have applied this plugin to only the 2 panos it related to using the "use this plugin on specfic panoramas" option at the bottom.

So the result of the above is this, I travel between locations via hotspots and when I pick the one with day and night, I am presented with the daytime image and a Moon Icon appears in the corner. Selecting this Moon Icon switches me to the Night Time view and the icon changes to a Sun icon. Selecting the Sun icon returns me to the daytime image and swops the icon back to a moon...PERFECT?

Not quite, an issue rears it's head..... If I toggle the day / night pano to night, then back to day and then leave the pano to another location via hotspot and then return to the pano with day / night option it correctly shows me the daytime image and a moon icon.

However... if I leave the night time pano to another location and then return to it I am presented with the daytime image but the sun icon is displayed instead of the moon. Therefore the icon must be clicked twice, first to effectly pick daylight again and reset the icon to a moon which will then display the night scene when clicked !?!

NOTE: In the image linking, you can only go to the day night location via the daytime image as hotspot links from other images go only to the daytime pano. (There are NO links from other locations to the night time pano) To be able to leave the night time pano without having to go back to daytime, I have put hotspot links back out of the nightime view.

So this raises the questions: A) Was I right to build in exit links from the night view or should you have to return to the inital daytime view to leave? (B) is there a way to force the daytime pano to reset so it acts like the first time it has been visited rather than the icon state remaining in the way it was left?

Once we get this resolved I then have a final question...

I am happy using KEEPVIEW and it works perfectly for me. However I also wish to impliment KEEPVIEW on my Day/Night scene transition **ONLY BY USING A TOGGLE - NOT POINT SPOTS***

I'm afraid that I found the silent video very unhelpful and my code didn't match that shown but I believe this video is showing both methods? Can someone in the know kindly give me the process to apply it to only the toggle button method?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Here id the linking used DAM10 & DAM10D are the night day images.

no avatar
All Seeing One

Topic author
Info

Re: Day / Night Transistion. UPDATED

by All Seeing One » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:31 am

"KEEPVIEW" seems to be working in the tours day/night scene by merely changing the MERGE parameter in the core.XML file

Siewers

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by Siewers » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:00 pm

There is a nice plugin from Michael Brüning: it is called day/night

http://dev.compunics.com.ni

no avatar
All Seeing One

Topic author
Info

by All Seeing One » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Thanks, did see that and can't get it to work at all.
I have 2 panos called DAM (10) & DAM (10) ' by night' both in a group containing just these 2.
Once built and run, tour does nothing on that scene, doesn't put the switch icon up or anything.

360-compunics-com-ni

Liked in: 163 posts
Info

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:07 am

Hi,

i have checked the Day/Night plugin using your pano names and it does work as expected.
Set the names as DAM (10) & DAM (10) by night, only the identifying string in the configuration section needs to have the quotes because of the spaces.

Hope that helps, best wishes
Michael Brüning
Out now: DeviceCheck for PTP plugins! https://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37446

Want to know how clients use your tours? Google Analytics Track Events plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34442

Add actions to your hotspots: Hotspot Actionlist plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35829

no avatar
tatsuro

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by tatsuro » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:03 am

こんにちは、教えて欲しいです。
Day/Night のpluginを使用してDay/Nightの切り替えを行います。
例えば、Day の Yawを90°(任意の角度)でNaightに切り替えた時にNightも90°(任意の角度)を維持したまま切り替える方法はありますか?

今は、DayのYawを90°(任意の角度)でNightに切り替えると、Nightは必ずデフォルトの位置に戻ってしまいます。
keepviewのfile書き換えを行いましたが、改善する事は出来ません。
※トグルボタンは使っていません。

急ぎで教えて貰えませんか?

Siewers

Info

by Siewers » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:42 pm

I've used google translate to try and make something of your question. I'm not sure if this is what you mean,
do you want to switch between day & night when you look 90 degree's to left or right?

U could try the spotrange plugin by popov:

http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... nder_Popov

no avatar
tatsuro

Info

by tatsuro » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Hellow!

90 ° is a similar story. I want to switch in the same place when changing from daytime to night or night to day at any position.
There are over 3 sets of photographs of the day and night and the number of pictures is more than 6 pieces.

I made it by using DayNight 's plugin and made it by rewriting the output data (core.xml) MERGE to KEEPVIEW, but the top is lined up with photos and it looks bad.

Although I want to switch at any point of DayNight using DayNight 's plugin and toggle, changing various parameters does not work well.

I'd like to switch between day and night without switching the orientation of the picture (not to return to the default), using DayNight's plugin and toggle using the day and night switching icons.

Example: The entrance of the building will be the default position. Suppose there is a window where you rotated 70 °. So I switch between day and night with icons and want to show a night view with rotated 70 ° without returning to the default position.

I do not know which parameter to set.

Siewers

Info

by Siewers » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:14 pm

You can select the panos which you want to be switchable (Day/Night-scenes) by following this naming convention:
Name both scenes identical, then append the value of the 'Identifier for Day/Night-scenes' to the 'Night'-scene only. You can define any identifying string (this is: ' by night' by default)
This way, the two panos named "Tiergarten" and "Tiergarten by night" would become switchable.
IMPORTANT: if the identifier string contains blanks as in this example, it has to be enclosed in single quotes!.
If you untick the 'Restrict Day/Night-matching panos'-checkbox the plugin searches for matches looking up ALL panonames of your project, otherwise it only looks in the current group. Be sure to not use the same panoname multiple times, that is for more than the two 'Day and Night'-panos.

no avatar
tatsuro

Info

by tatsuro » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm

両方のシーンを同じ名前にしてから、「Night / scenesの識別子」の値を「Night-scenes」に追加することで、切り替え可能なパノラマ(Day / Night-scenes)シーンのみ。識別文字列を定義することができます(これはデフォルトで「夜間」)。

同じ名前:これは、Tourのnameの事を差しますか?

この方法では、「Tiergarten」と「Tiergarten by night」という2つのパノラマが切り替え可能になります。
重要:この例のように識別子文字列に空白が含まれている場合は、一重引用符で囲む必要があります。

'Rest / Day / Night-matching panos'チェックボックスをオフにすると、プラグインはプロジェクトのすべてのパノラマ名を検索して一致するものを探します。そうでない場合、現在のグループだけが表示されます。同じ「パナナーム」を複数回使用しないでください。これは、2つの「昼と夜」のパノラマ以上のものです。

'Rest / Day / Night-matching panos'チェックボックスをオフ:このチェックボタンはどの画面に有りますか?
「パナナーム」を複数回使用しないでください。:パナナームとは何ですか?翻訳できません。

以上のコンテンツの作り方は、
Q1:DayNightとToggle Buttonを使用しているのでしょうか?
Q2:Day/Nightの写真は同じ場所の写真をグループ化していますか?
Q3:Toggle Buttonを使用している場合、Action triggerde on click内はBasicののGo to a panorama or a groupを選択していますか? 
Q4:Q3の場合 a panorama or a groupどちらを選択しますか?
Q5:Q3の場合 Default target view or Custom viewどちらを選択しますか?

no avatar
tatsuro

Info

by tatsuro » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:35 pm

All Seeing One wrote:Hi All,

I am looking for some more "specific" help on creating a Night / Day transition in a tour. To do this I have created a test tour that is made up of 3 locations and 4 images. Therefore all locations have a daytime image and one of them also has a night time image.

To do this I will NOT be using Point Spots, instead I am using a fixed location Icon to activate the "Panorama Specific Toggle button" Plug-in.

All images are orientated the same way so regular KEEPVIEW functions will work when applied post build.

applied post build これはpluginですか?

Where I have got to so far:

I have created a nice pair of icons (Moon & Sun) to use as the toggle switch. A single instance of the Pano Specific Toggle has been applied and in it I have set the first state as the Moon Icon and the Second State Icon as the Sun. (This is becasue you arrive at the dual scene pano in daylight first so night time is the option you want presented.)

Then I have added the 2 pano images each set to Basic > Go to a Pano and the 2 transistions set to none. And finally I have applied this plugin to only the 2 panos it related to using the "use this plugin on specfic panoramas" option at the bottom.

So the result of the above is this, I travel between locations via hotspots and when I pick the one with day and night, I am presented with the daytime image and a Moon Icon appears in the corner. Selecting this Moon Icon switches me to the Night Time view and the icon changes to a Sun icon. Selecting the Sun icon returns me to the daytime image and swops the icon back to a moon...PERFECT?

Not quite, an issue rears it's head..... If I toggle the day / night pano to night, then back to day and then leave the pano to another location via hotspot and then return to the pano with day / night option it correctly shows me the daytime image and a moon icon.

However... if I leave the night time pano to another location and then return to it I am presented with the daytime image but the sun icon is displayed instead of the moon. Therefore the icon must be clicked twice, first to effectly pick daylight again and reset the icon to a moon which will then display the night scene when clicked !?!

NOTE: In the image linking, you can only go to the day night location via the daytime image as hotspot links from other images go only to the daytime pano. (There are NO links from other locations to the night time pano) To be able to leave the night time pano without having to go back to daytime, I have put hotspot links back out of the nightime view.

So this raises the questions: A) Was I right to build in exit links from the night view or should you have to return to the inital daytime view to leave? (B) is there a way to force the daytime pano to reset so it acts like the first time it has been visited rather than the icon state remaining in the way it was left?

Once we get this resolved I then have a final question...

I am happy using KEEPVIEW and it works perfectly for me. However I also wish to impliment KEEPVIEW on my Day/Night scene transition **ONLY BY USING A TOGGLE - NOT POINT SPOTS***

I'm afraid that I found the silent video very unhelpful and my code didn't match that shown but I believe this video is showing both methods? Can someone in the know kindly give me the process to apply it to only the toggle button method?

Siewers

Info

by Siewers » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Q1: No only the dayNight button
Q2: No

Use the dayNight button to toggle
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 16.04.54.png

no avatar
tatsuro

Info

by tatsuro » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:19 pm

daynightボタンが表示されません。
もう少し情報提供お願いします。

no avatar
All Seeing One

Topic author
Info

by All Seeing One » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Siewers wrote:Q1: No only the dayNight button
Q2: No

Use the dayNight button to toggle

!?! Do you mean Questions A & B as if so, I don't get the answer to the first one.

no avatar
tatsuro

Info

by tatsuro » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:31 pm

I can not display the button by entering the item "Graphic files for Day / Night swich button?" Of "Day / Night plugin".

Can you please show me which picture "plugin" you use to complete this behavior?

Fenindole

Info

by Fenindole » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:07 pm

I see you have done a big work! Please let me see your script and your work process step by step. I suppose I can help you with it.
Full protection and 24 hours/day help for beginners

no avatar
tatsuro

Info

by tatsuro » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:47 am

Mrs.Fenindole

It is a process that I made. 
I do not know where to set 'name' to affect 'by night'.
I can not display the icon in 'Plugin' of 'DayNight'.
I do not know whether to set 'Toggle' to 'a panorama' or 'a group'.

Things created in this process will display a different panorama when pressing the 'Day' 'Night' switch icon.

Can you tell me where the setting is wrong?
Attachments
6.jpg
No.6
5.jpg
NO.5
4.jpg
No.4
3.jpg
No.3
2.jpg
No.2
1.jpg
NO.1
Last edited by tatsuro on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
tatsuro

Info

by tatsuro » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:49 am

Mrs.Fenindole

Paste the following file.
The order of the photographs of the process is from the bottom.
Attachments
12.jpg
No.12
11.jpg
No.11
10.jpg
No.10
9.jpg
NO.9
8.jpg
No.8
7.jpg
No.7

360-compunics-com-ni

Info

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:18 am

Hi,

When using the "Day/Night"-plugin there is no need to use the additional toggle button.You can add the 2 graphics files in the plugin configuration section as shown on the attached screenshot.
Regarding the pano naming: your panonames are: "1" and "1 bynight", if i get that correctly from your screenshots.
But the identifying string is set to "by night", which has a space in it. So rename either the panonames to have that space as well ("1 by night"), or change the identifyer to be " bynight".

Hope that helps,
Michael
Attachments
DayNightSettings.png
Out now: DeviceCheck for PTP plugins! https://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37446

Want to know how clients use your tours? Google Analytics Track Events plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34442

Add actions to your hotspots: Hotspot Actionlist plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35829

no avatar
tatsuro

Info

by tatsuro » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:57 am

But 'DayNight Plugin' alone does not display the button. Is something wrong? So I'm trying to use 'Toggle'.
Attachments
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg

360-compunics-com-ni

Info

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:28 am

Correct the panonames: 1 and: 1 by night

no avatar
tatsuro

Info

by tatsuro » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:58 am

The button does not appear although it is doing according to your instructions. Is not it essentially a problem somewhere different?
Attachments
9.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg

360-compunics-com-ni

Info

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:09 pm

Please send me a copy of the "<your-projectname>.xml" and the "<your-projectname>_skin.xml"-file as PM and i will check.

no avatar
tatsuro

Info

by tatsuro » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm

I noticed a mistake in the image you sent.

Restrict Day/Night-macthing panos in the same group only? Check box None

It started to work now. Thanks YOU!
Attachments
DayNightSettings.png

no avatar
Julien

Info

by Julien » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:03 am

Got it!
Except the panos wording, the 2 panos have to be set/join in a Pano Group - drag&drop 1 of them into the other from the 'Visit Tab'.
Panotour Pro v2.5.7
Macbook Pro OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite