Join me for my Panotour Pro 2 webinar on October 26!  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
Annis
Kolor Team

Topic author
Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Join me for my Panotour Pro 2 webinar on October 26!

by Annis » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Hello everyone!

Annis (yes that's me!), Technical Support Expert, will be presenting a livestream on Panotour Pro 2 on Thursday October 26th, at 6 PM CET Paris time. So that's 9 AM PST, 12 PM EST and 1 AM JST.

The webinar will be hosted on YouTube here:

For a first webinar this will be rather basic, covering these topics:
  1. Creating and setting up a project using panoramas and 360 videos
  2. Building the interface and exporting the tour
  3. Top 3 “smart” plugins for Panotour Pro

Mark your calendar! You can also set a reminder directly on YouTube, click play on the above video and then "Set Reminder".

Thanks for reading.

Annis

DISCLAIMER: This webinar will not be for technical support, and I will not be able to give you any dates or estimations for the next software release or resolutions of bugs.

Edit: Thanks for joining me for my first webinar! I hope you enjoyed it even though it was relatively basic for a first one. I'd love any comments, feedback or requests for a future webinar!

And don't forget! Use the code PTPLIVE on dev.alexpopov.me to get 25% off his latest plugin, Top Menu!! The code works until the 31rst of October. :)

Marcial likes this post.

no avatar
rruiz

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

Re: Join me for my Panotour Pro 2 webinar on October 26!

by rruiz » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:10 am

Thanks for the webinar.

I want to learn the final result of stereoscopic images. Do you have some real examples? I saw documentation here: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/Panotour_- ... In_VR_Mode

Annis
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by Annis » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:30 am

Unfortunately not I don't have any real stereoscopic images to use to show you.

Were you the one who asked about them last night? I realised what my mistake was after I ended the stream, I edited the wrong file because I changed my mind about which I was doing while I was setting up. :)

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi Annis.. Well done with your Webinar, it was great!.. It was very informative and highlighted your natural easy going personality in a very friendly and natural way.. Sorry to say I could not view it live but I have viewed the video.. I will go over it more over this week... Don't worry when things do not quite work, its always the way... I am sure so many users of PTP got heaps out of it... ;)

Destiny....

signmaster likes this post.

no avatar
rruiz

Info

by rruiz » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Annis wrote:Unfortunately not I don't have any real stereoscopic images to use to show you.

Were you the one who asked about them last night? I realised what my mistake was after I ended the stream, I edited the wrong file because I changed my mind about which I was doing while I was setting up. :)

Yes don´t worry !!

What is the best size for the thumbnails?

Regards

Annis
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by Annis » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:18 pm

rruiz wrote:What is the best size for the thumbnails?

For thumbnails, it would depend how you're using them in the project.

Say you have the thumbnails bar active and the thumbnails will display at 100x50 pixels, at maximum, double those values (so 200x100).
As a general rule: always make sure to use graphics that are close to the values they are being displayed/resized to.

For example, if you were to have a logo in your project, never displayed above 500px, there is no point in having the image itself be 5000px wide unless it's your plan to have viewing mobiles crash when viewing the tour.

When I'm talking of the graphics, this is separate from your scenes which are handled differently obviously.

Annis
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by Annis » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Destiny wrote:Hi Annis.. Well done with your Webinar, it was great!.. It was very informative and highlighted your natural easy going personality in a very friendly and natural way.. Sorry to say I could not view it live but I have viewed the video.. I will go over it more over this week... Don't worry when things do not quite work, its always the way... I am sure so many users of PTP got heaps out of it... ;)

Destiny....
Thanks!
It was a rough start but then I got into the groove and I think it went well, except the end which was not planned!!

I'll do better next time. :)

no avatar
dv3D

Info

by dv3D » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Some how I missed the notice for the live webinar but did watch the replay. Very good webinar and great explanations. One topic I have not been able to find is how to do a brief navigation graphic at startup. I have people that have commented that they don't know what to do when the tour first starts and i don't like the look of tour buttons(to much clutter) I have seen tours where a little window pops up at the beginning showing how to navigate with mouse or finger and then disappears. I have looked everywhere but cannot find and info on how to do it. I thought maybe the startup splash screen but typically us it as my clients in the tiny planet when it starts. Thanks for any input you can provide

Marcial

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Marcial » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:47 pm

You can design an image with navigation instructions.

Project properties > Start Parameters > Welcome screen

Hope this can help you.

Annis likes this post.

no avatar
dv3D

Info

by dv3D » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Thanks Marcial
When you say welcome screen is that the same as the splash screen? I had thought about that but i use the splash screen for client logo with the tiny planet. They all like it so i hate to give it up.

no avatar
dv3D

Info

by dv3D » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:08 pm

annis and marcial,
actually you already answered my question. I went back and looked at the replay and realized the Call to Action plugin has a react when tour starts after introduction effects. Did it with a sample gif i had and it worked perfectly. I just need to make a simply image or GIF and insert it there. Thank you and cant wait for the next video.

2 people like this post.

no avatar
rruiz

Info

by rruiz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:32 pm

Imagination has no limits...
As dv3D asked a simple question (that also answered mine same question on the past), there are simple things that can be resolved with a combination of some little steps.
I would love to see another tutorial creating another tour using most of the options and alternatives that PTP offers...

Is incredible that question of dv3D showed me all the posibilities that we have with the "Call to Action plugin"...

Regards

Annis likes this post.

no avatar
tony75672

Liked in: 9 posts
Info

by tony75672 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Just wanted to give you feedback, I watched the replay and thought it was very informative and I look forward to more. A suggestion would be to make shorter ones 15-30 mins targeting specific "how to's". As a visual learner, I would enjoy these more than reading :-). Like how to make a permanent change to "Created by PanoTour"

2 people like this post.

no avatar
tony75672

Liked in: 9 posts
Info

by tony75672 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Request
Hi Annis,
I would like to see a webinar on the different types of Start Pages for a pano.
Pano
Map
Images
Menu
etc
How to implement each
Pros and cons of each.
How to incorporate multiple tours into a startup page etc etc

Thanks
Tony

signmaster likes this post.

no avatar
jimbee

Liked in: 13 posts
Info

by jimbee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:47 pm

Just noticed the link to the video. Very helpful and I picked up some great tips. Thanks much!

I'll just add that I agree with tony75672's comment re. perhap some shorter videos with specific topics would be very useful. Having produced a number of training videos myself, I've found that 60+ minute videos are hard for viewers to absorb in one session given all the competing factors for one's attention these days.

Annis likes this post.