Partial Panoramas are Warped  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
gholder26

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Partial Panoramas are Warped

by gholder26 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:35 pm

I am trying to load some partial panoramas into a tour and most of the pans show some type of warpage. Is there a solution to this? Some scenes do not require a full 360 and I shoot accordingly... Loading the images into another system is fine. I am using Autopano to stitch although I tried other programs and same result...

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: Partial Panoramas are Warped

by Destiny » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi.. Click on the pano in the Tour tab, then click on the Output Projection to Flat...

Destiny...

no avatar
gholder26

Topic author
Info

by gholder26 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Thank you for the response but that does not solve the issue. Actually worse as the original image showing the bow of the stitched image is shown. I need the scene to rotate as the full 360's. I have other tours where this is not an issue...

no avatar
gholder26

Topic author
Info

by gholder26 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:49 pm

I saw in another post that Autopano can turn a partial into a full... Can anyone explain how that is performed?

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:43 am

gholder26 wrote:I am trying to load some partial panoramas into a tour and most of the pans show some type of warpage. Is there a solution to this? Some scenes do not require a full 360 and I shoot accordingly... Loading the images into another system is fine. I am using Autopano to stitch although I tried other programs and same result...

Please provide some examples of what you do. "some partial panoramas" can mean many different things.

What means "partial" precisely? Half? Quarter? "Partial" in terms of height?

What exactly means "some type of warpage"??

best, Klaus

no avatar
gholder26

Topic author
Info

by gholder26 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:12 am

Thank you for the response. Partial to me means anything less than 360 degrees. My rotator goes in 15 degree increments and some times I will shoot 6 images from left to right for a 180 pan. This is due sometimes to room size or possibly to keep unwanted items out of the scene...

I will need to rebuild the tour with the effected images and provide a link to the tour to show you an example. This will take a while... but attached is a screen shot of one image that shows the issue
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 9.10.54 PM.png
bottom of the image the rail is bowed or warped...

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:13 pm

gholder26 wrote:Thank you for the response. Partial to me means anything less than 360 degrees. My rotator goes in 15 degree increments and some times I will shoot 6 images from left to right for a 180 pan. This is due sometimes to room size or possibly to keep unwanted items out of the scene...

I will need to rebuild the tour with the effected images and provide a link to the tour to show you an example. This will take a while... but attached is a screen shot of one image that shows the issue

Given you have a FOV of less than 360x180°, a way handling it is to crop it in PTP´s editor. In that case
PTP creates a result with a limited - but unwarped - panorama. The moves then just are restricted to the FOV
of your content - but as said: nothing´s warped.

Klaus