can the classic thumbnail bar be hideable?   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Liked in: 7 posts
Info

can the classic thumbnail bar be hideable?

by LBernos » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Hello

Can I make the classic thumbnail bar hideable? and just click it to spread?

thanks!

LINO

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: can the classic thumbnail bar be hideable?

by Annis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:12 pm

If the control bar has the Show/hide controls button on it and you've checked the behavior option respond to show/hide controls requests then you can set in the project properties that your controls are hidden on start.

This will mean that the control bar will be collapsed on start, with only the button to open the controls again.

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:48 am

Annis wrote:If the control bar has the Show/hide controls button on it and you've checked the behavior option respond to show/hide controls requests then you can set in the project properties that your controls are hidden on start.

This will mean that the control bar will be collapsed on start, with only the button to open the controls again.

Hello Annis,

Thank you for your help I tried your solution and it worked on my tours offline version.

when I played it online on a mobile, the thumbnails bar are still there on the start. please note that I have different interface for my desktop and mobile tour..

and just to add, does it have effect on the audio files? cause when I did this, I cannot hear the audio on the sound spot I placed on the first panorama only... which is there before I did this solution

Thank you!

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:54 am

No it shouldn't have any effect on the sound options, unless you inadvertently unchecked the "Play sounds" option in the project properties > start parameters?

You would have to repeat the steps for your mobile-version tour.

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:57 am

Annis wrote:No it shouldn't have any effect on the sound options, unless you inadvertently unchecked the "Play sounds" option in the project properties > start parameters?

You would have to repeat the steps for your mobile-version tour.

Hi Annis!

I checked now, and play sounds is checked in my tour.. what could be the problem?

As for my issue on the thumbnails bar, where its hidden on the offline and not hidden on the online version (as seen on my question above) what do you think is the solution?

LINO

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:01 am

If it's still there on mobile, then you have different settings between your desktop and mobile versions.
Does the mobile version of the thumbnails bar react to the show/hide events like it does in the Desktop version?

Play sounds checked is correct for the sounds to start on load of the tour. Can you share the link?

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:30 am

Annis wrote:If it's still there on mobile, then you have different settings between your desktop and mobile versions.
Does the mobile version of the thumbnails bar react to the show/hide events like it does in the Desktop version?

Play sounds checked is correct for the sounds to start on load of the tour. Can you share the link?

Annis,

Yes, for desktop I did not hide it. but for my mobile version I made the thumbnails bar hidden. will there be a conflict?

here is the link: http://souq-tour.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/

thank you Annis!

LINO

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:53 am

Yes there will be a conflict since the hide action is launched from the main xml, not the _skin.xml so if you have it set to show on desktop it will always show.

Let me see if I can find another way to do this, for the mobile version only.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

Re: can the classic thumbnail bar be hideable?  [SOLVED]

by Annis » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:58 am

(This would probably have been simpler to figure out had you mentioned you had two interfaces from the beginning)

Okay try this.
In your mobile tour, make sure you've checked the behavior option respond to show/hide thumbnails requests for your classic thumbnail bar.
Add an instance of the Call Actions on Tour Events plugin (CAOTE). Set it to react on tour start, with the action Interface Control > Hide tour thumbnails.

Build and set up as usual.

Since the COATE hiding the thumbnails will only be present in the mobile version, your desktop version should be unaffected.

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:58 am

Oh and in your link I had no issue with the sound starting.

no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Info

by LBernos » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Annis wrote:(This would probably have been simpler to figure out had you mentioned you had two interfaces from the beginning)

Okay try this.
In your mobile tour, make sure you've checked the behavior option respond to show/hide thumbnails requests for your classic thumbnail bar.
Add an instance of the Call Actions on Tour Events plugin (CAOTE). Set it to react on tour start, with the action Interface Control > Hide tour thumbnails.

Build and set up as usual.

Since the COATE hiding the thumbnails will only be present in the mobile version, your desktop version should be unaffected.

Thanks! worked like a charm :)