Day/Night blending  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

Day/Night blending

by klausesser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:31 am

Hi!

I did a day/night blending once in krpano.

http://www.360impressions.de/LTKuppelBlend/krpano.swf

How can i do it in PTP?

best, Klaus

no avatar
Destiny
Moderator
 
Posts: 7886
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Info

Re: Day/Night blending

by Destiny » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:46 am

You need to use the Keepview, just follow instructions here... ... http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... epview_tag

Destiny....

no avatar
marzipano
Member
 
Posts: 431
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 14 posts
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:32 pm
Location: Richmond London UK
Info

Re: Day/Night blending

by marzipano » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Destiny wrote:You need to use the Keepview, just follow instructions here... ... http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... epview_tag

Destiny....


I think the example Klaus showed with blending is only available in krpano and not in PTP (If I remember it uses a krpano cubeface tweak to force the blending)

The method you showed in the doc link is a button method of switching between panos whilst keeping the position of rotation intact. No fade-in/out or blending though as in Klaus's example

I would love to be able to do this in PTP but thought we had previously been told it is not possible

Martin

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

Re: Day/Night blending

by klausesser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:14 pm

marzipano wrote:
I would love to be able to do this in PTP but thought we had previously been told it is not possible



Hey Martin!

You´re right! I forgot we mentioned this before. Thought it might be possible in the
meantime . . :cool:

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

Re: Day/Night blending

by klausesser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Destiny wrote:You need to use the Keepview, just follow instructions here... ... http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... epview_tag

Destiny....


Hi Destiny!

Thanks for your clue - seems to be a different item.
I´ll give it a try nevertheless!

Klaus

User avatar
360-compunics-com-ni
Member
 
Posts: 418
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 163 posts
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:37 am
Location: León, Nicaragua
Info

Re: Day/Night blending

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi,

you can edit the xml-files or just use one of the Day/Night-plugins that are available for free: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewforum.php?sid=&f=40

Btw. i started work on a PanoBlend-plugin that works like the KRPano-cubeface example, but it's not a trivial task and up to now there is no commercial demand, so this may take some time.

Kind regards,
Michael
Out now: DeviceCheck for PTP plugins! https://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37446

Want to know how clients use your tours? Google Analytics Track Events plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34442

Add actions to your hotspots: Hotspot Actionlist plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35829

no avatar
Destiny
Moderator
 
Posts: 7886
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm
Info

Re: Day/Night blending

by Destiny » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:46 am

You are right Martin.. But for now, this is the best PTP can offer in this feature area.. It was my hope that this feature would have been added into the GUI a long time ago to save editing the xml, for using in Before and After using with Hot Spots, Buttons and Sliders.. PTP for me seems to have come to a halt in development.. Which really worries me.. Nothing much seems to have been developed in a very long time.. I was hoping that major new releases would have been made available way before now..

This demo has a button and on mouse over you can see which hot spots assigned to the transition.. With the KRPANO option you have no zoom.. So there are limitation with both options...

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/day- ... htDay.html

Destiny


marzipano wrote:
I think the example Klaus showed with blending is only available in krpano and not in PTP (If I remember it uses a krpano cubeface tweak to force the blending)

The method you showed in the doc link is a button method of switching between panos whilst keeping the position of rotation intact. No fade-in/out or blending though as in Klaus's example

I would love to be able to do this in PTP but thought we had previously been told it is not possible

Martin

User avatar
Annis
Kolor Team
 
Posts: 6062
Likes: 801 posts
Liked in: 444 posts
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:47 pm
Location: France
Info

Re: Day/Night blending

by Annis » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:01 pm

In your example tour, the view is kept between each scene (so KEEPVIEW tag required) and it seems that it's just autorotating between the two scenes, switching automatically. You'll notice that the autorotation is very "persistent" and doesn't stop.

You can modify the xml so that autorotation doesn't pause when you interact with the scene (and set the autotour to change scene after a number of seconds), with the keepview tag you should get a similar result.

See here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=33049

It won't be as smooth as your example, probably because it's not Flash.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

Re: Day/Night blending

by klausesser » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Annis wrote:In your example tour, the view is kept between each scene (so KEEPVIEW tag required) and it seems that it's just autorotating between the two scenes, switching automatically. You'll notice that the autorotation is very "persistent" and doesn't stop.

You can modify the xml so that autorotation doesn't pause when you interact with the scene (and set the autotour to change scene after a number of seconds), with the keepview tag you should get a similar result.

See here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=33049

It won't be as smooth as your example, probably because it's not Flash.



Hi Annis!

Thx for your reply - but it didn´t get me any further. I simply do not understand how to place a plugin into
ma PTP.

I´m really losing my interest on this application . . . and will look for something better - resp. for something more
clearly structured and better understandable to me as a photohrapher, not a coder.

best and good luck, Klaus

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

Re: Day/Night blending

by klausesser » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:34 pm

After some research i found that it´s possible using KRPano or P2vr 5.x

Thanks to all for caring!

Klaus


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests