How to display help and thumbnail text on mobile?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
gcg1992

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

How to display help and thumbnail text on mobile?

by gcg1992 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:38 am

Hi guys,

I have two questions using PTP. First, how to display help information on mobile? What I mean is when adding the iControl bar to the tour, the help button displays on PC, but on mobile, it automatically becomes invisible. However, in my case, I need to display help on mobile. So how to change the code?

Second question is how to display thumbnail text inside thumbnail pictures. I know a way edit thumbnails with text in photoshop and manually change thumbnail pictures in PTP. But this will require a lot of work when there are many scenes... So how to edit the code?

Anyone can help? Thanks.

Chenguang

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: How to display help and thumbnail text on mobile?

by Annis » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:16 pm

gcg1992 wrote:I have two questions using PTP. First, how to display help information on mobile? What I mean is when adding the iControl bar to the tour, the help button displays on PC, but on mobile, it automatically becomes invisible. However, in my case, I need to display help on mobile. So how to change the code?

See here: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=21831&hilit=fullscreen+mobile#p139430
Except that instead of the fullscreen button, you'll be editing the help button.

You could also set up a simple button to show the help screen, instead of using the control bar, that way you won't have to edit any code.

gcg1992 wrote:Second question is how to display thumbnail text inside thumbnail pictures. I know a way edit thumbnails with text in photoshop and manually change thumbnail pictures in PTP. But this will require a lot of work when there are many scenes... So how to edit the code?

Generally it's a custom thumbnail that is created, with the desired text.
Depending on the plugin (like the panorama menu) you can also display the scene or group name as well as the thumbnail.

gcg1992

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by gcg1992 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Thank you Annis. I hope for thumbnail, there will be an option to keep tooltip text, especially for mobile devices.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:47 am

There is no hover on mobile, so no tooltips. Certain spots have the option of always displaying the tooltip, but that is unrelated to your original question.

pbetancourt

Liked in: 7 posts
Info

by pbetancourt » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi Annis, I need to show some text when pressing or taping hotspots on mobile, but as you mentioned it seems that is not possible since there is no hover on mobile. But what about clicks? I've been trying the gallery plugin and also notifications plugin but they enter some other issues. I would like to have the same behaviour as here:
http://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/tooltip/
Is there a way to implement this inside panotour, or maybe on the code?
Many thanks,

Pablo