Partial 360X51 degrees panorama build in low resolution   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
pantkouts

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Partial 360X51 degrees panorama build in low resolution

by pantkouts » Mon May 23, 2016 12:57 pm

I have a Partial (360X51 degrees) panorama in my tour. When I try to build the tour then its only in low resolution.
When I made it with older versions of panotour worked very well. This is the link of the old build http://360crete.gr/index.php/gr/panoram ... pixel.html
With the latest versions of Panotour 2.5 and 2.5.3 it builds only in law resolution.
I tried a (34356X17178 pixel) full spherical panorama and it works perfect. Can you help?

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Partial 360X51 degrees panorama build in low resolution  [SOLVED]

by Annis » Mon May 23, 2016 1:21 pm

Partial panoramas with multi-resolution are not supported in the HTML5 player, they only get mono-resolution which is limited to the cube-faces.

In previous versions you were using the Flash player on desktop, which does support multi-resolution partial panoramas, but you'd still have had the low res on mobile.

Force your panorama as a full 360x180° in Autopano, so you'll get extra black area when you render, then, in Panotour, use the crop tool of the hotspot editor to virtually crop the panorama, you'll get the quality back and be able to hide the black areas.

See here: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... player_.3F

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

Re: Partial 360X51 degrees panorama build in low resolution

by marzipano » Mon May 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Annis wrote:Partial panoramas with multi-resolution are not supported in the HTML5 player, they only get mono-resolution which is limited to the cube-faces.

In previous versions you were using the Flash player on desktop, which does support multi-resolution partial panoramas, but you'd still have had the low res on mobile.

Force your panorama as a full 360x180° in Autopano, so you'll get extra black area when you render, then, in Panotour, use the crop tool of the hotspot editor to virtually crop the panorama, you'll get the quality back and be able to hide the black areas.

See here: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... player_.3F

I realise that flash is on the way out and has security issues but this is a right pain in the proverbials

I have 200-300 of partial cyclindrical and spherical panos on my web site and I am not looking forward to eventually having to convert them all to 360x180 spheres as you described so they will display fully in HTML5.

In the meantime I am using PT 2.1 to keep them flash-based

But is this a krpano or HTML restriction and without committing you to a feature is this likely to be relaxed so that HTML5 displays will have full resolution for all types of panorama any time soon ?

best
Martin

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Tue May 24, 2016 9:04 am

It's a KrPano restriction, the KrPano HTML5 player simply does not support multiresolution partial panoramas at this moment. I don't have an ETA on when or if ever this wil be developped by KrPano.

If you want to use the Flash player in your 2.5 tours, build the tour with the flash fallback, and edit your html file, search for "?html5=prefer" and remove it.

no avatar
marzipano

Info

by marzipano » Tue May 24, 2016 9:13 am

Annis wrote:It's a KrPano restriction, the KrPano HTML5 player simply does not support multiresolution partial panoramas at this moment. I don't have an ETA on when or if ever this wil be developped by KrPano.

If you want to use the Flash player in your 2.5 tours, build the tour with the flash fallback, and edit your html file, search for "?html5=prefer" and remove it.

Thanks for the prompt reply
I'll use your tip on the html file edit

best
Martin

no avatar
Michael Ezra

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Michael Ezra » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:51 pm

No matter what I try, I still get a low resolution render of panos, although source files are 100+ megapixels. Please help with a very clear instruction how exactly to render the high res output. This is vital and really URGENT! I must deliver a project asap and it renders horribly small!!

I extended the black areas for 360x180, used crop - rendered - small output.
removed ,html5:"prefer" - still small output.

This does NOT work. Please help asap!

no avatar
marzipano

Info

by marzipano » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi Michael

I found (from an earlier post in here) that rather than just deleting the line ,html5:"prefer" in the html script, you replace that line with ,html5:"fallback" then the flash version gets picked up OK and the full resolution for non 360x180 panos is provided (providing flash is available)

I recommend you give it a try !

best
Martin

Annis
Kolor Team

Info

by Annis » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:48 am

Can you send me a link to the tour where you replaced the files?
There is no way you would get low res if you used full 360x180 panoramas that are cropped in Panotour's hotspot editor.