Protected website feature  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
ulriklpedersen

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Protected website feature

by ulriklpedersen » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:37 am

Hi

I have noticed a new function in the Build tab called "Protected Website" "(The tour will be hosted on a website protected by credentials)".

What does this function add to the tour?

When do I use it - the documentation does not seem to have been updated with this feature.

We have a lot of tours running in an intranet environment and are currently planning on shifting to IIS and use the build in Windows Credentials login functions - but what does this have to do with Panotour?

no avatar
edgar_ali

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

Re: Protected website feature

by edgar_ali » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 am

I'm going to upload the tour to a website that will have restrcited access for members. the websites is designed using wordpress and the woocommerce plugin for memberships...

Do i need to use this feature? (Protected website)???

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 am

If you are referring to the Protection Encryption option during build in PTP, that only edits the XML code so it cannot be viewed as XML readable code. If you have not made any custom features/plugins etc, there is no need to do it.. You can also use the KRPANO encrypt options for this too.. But make sure you make a copy of your XML first.

Destiny..

no avatar
edgar_ali

Info

by edgar_ali » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:02 am

Yes I'm referring to the Build tab..however there are two different options in this tab. One is to encrypt the XML files and the other is: Protected website....

What is the protected website option for then?

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 118 posts
Info

by bdd » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 pm

This option is just to ensure the correct load of all the tiles and assets of the tour if this tour is hosted on a website that is protected by credentials/a login.

Leave this option unchecked if the final hosting website does not need a login.

Gérald

360-compunics-com-ni

Liked in: 158 posts
Info

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:56 pm

This feature is not related to the encryption of the generated XML-files, it adds a security-related setting that is required when your tours are hosted with individual password protection like HTTP Basic Authentication for example.

Depending on the ressources that are accessed through your tour the setting might not be required (Google for "CORS" for more details). While some browsers ignore the absence of this setting if not strictly required, i noticed that IE refuses to display a tour when HTTP Basic Authentication is used and this setting is not activated. So it's better to activate that option when your tours are not meant to be displayed in public.
Out now: DeviceCheck for PTP plugins! https://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37446

Want to know how clients use your tours? Google Analytics Track Events plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34442

Add actions to your hotspots: Hotspot Actionlist plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35829

no avatar
edgar_ali

Info

by edgar_ali » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 am

Guys Thanks for your replies...

so just to confirm...If i'm placing my tour behind a paywall, which means that to watch the tour you need to pay for a membership, otherwise you cannot see, then I have to tick "the tour will be hosted on a website protected by credentials"

If i tick this feature and my tour is not hosted in that website protected by credentials, would that be a problem?