Soft/Blurry Pixels in v2.5  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
CarlLP

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Soft/Blurry Pixels in v2.5

by CarlLP » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Good evening all,
I have been experiencing some problems with the multiresolution image quality since v2.5.
Working on some high textured image I came across the fact that the images produced by Panotour 2.5
both in multiresolution and standard mode are significantly less detailed both in center an edges compared to v2.3.
In a bit of a deeper research v2.3 image files ( in both modes ) are also less sharp than the ones produced by krpano scripts ( multires and normal ).
In order to describe the problem I have created a dummy panorama consisting of 6 2309x2309px cubes and made exact exports under krpano 1.19, Pt 2.3 and Pt 2.5.2.

To real life situations now, I have tried to migrate the 2.3 sharper tiles to 2.5 but it seems that structure and sizes don't match. Reverting current projects to 2.3 causes some bugs but for the time being it seems the only way to go.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Attachments
Panotour-2.5-Normal.png
Panotour-2.5-Multires.png
Panotour-2.3-Normal.png
Panotour-2.3-Multires.png
Krpano-1.19-Normal.png
Krpano-1.19-Multires.png

no avatar
jschrader

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

Re: Soft/Blurry Pixels in v2.5

by jschrader » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:31 am

Same problem here.
A tour I just created with 2.5.2 has significantly blurred images when compared to the equirectangular and a tile generated by krpano. It also oocurs to me that the size is larger than 100% although view is limited to image resolution.
Needless to say that this is completely annoying.