Zoom for iPad, iPhones, Android tablets doesn't work   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
novermber_rain

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Zoom for iPad, iPhones, Android tablets doesn't work

by novermber_rain » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi 2 part question.

I am trying panotour pro demo software and I am wondering if it is possible to have zoom options with devices
such as iPad, iPhone or android tablets.
When I create a tour, I can zoom with web browsers such as firefox or chrome, IE even Edge, when not in full screen mode.
but as soon as i go to a tablet from mac or android there is no zoom feature.
I was convinced this was an issue with 2.3.1 but when I downloaded the 2.5 demo I couldn't believe that the zoom features got worst then better.

Is this normal? I am trying out a few software's, I like panotour pro a lot but a virtual tour made with high resolution
pictures is nothing if it can't be zoomed in.

I also tried 2.3.1 and 2.5 for some reason in 2.3.1 I can zoom a lot closer then in 2.5
I saw there is this code which is different from 2.3.1 to 2.5

embedpano({
swf:"filenamedata/filename.swf"
,target:"panoDIV"
,passQueryParameters:true
});

In 2.3.1 with a high resolution panoramic one gets a great zoom when using firefox or chrome in win 10,8,7
but when the same project gets opened in 2.5 the zoom is half if not less then with previous versions and that is using the same project with the same panoramic pictures no changes at all.

Also by changing this code i have no problems in any browser for full screen. If I keep the new code nothing works properly.

I don't understand one thing. Every virtual tour I have seen on android or ipad devices including goodle street view has zoom features for mac and android devices. why is it that panotour is not supporting this feature? it actually became worst with 2.5 with desktop browsers I found a work around with changing this code but I think that is a lot of work to change every time I make a new tour.

when I changed the code above in 2.5 I got it to look great and it zoomed just as nice as in 2.3.1
and full screen for any browser works great. prior to changing the code I couldn't even zoom with the mouse wheel when in full screen. but with this code desktop browsing with panotour pro creations work great.

My concern really is with tablets and phones.

Can you please explain why this feature was taken out in 2.5 and now it has to be done manually,
and if there is a way to zoom in tablets?
I read in FAQ that for tablets and phones there are +/- features that are taken out of the control bar
because are you say "useless features"
I don't think they are useless and I am surprised that I couldn't find any posts that people complained about the same issue.

Less and less people are using desktops and more are using tablets, for me its a must that they can zoom my work.

I am very impressed with the software but this will make my decision on purchasing it.
I do very high quality resolution images and I want my clients to be able to zoom in close on any device they have

thank you in advance

Cliquetsy

Liked in: 119 posts
Info

Re: Zoom for iPad, iPhones, Android tablets doesn't work  [SOLVED]

by Cliquetsy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Are your panoramas partial or full sphere (360x180°)?

The only difference you'll see between v2.3 and 2.5 is on desktop. Multiresolution partial panoramas aren't supported in the HTML5 player, they are in Flash. However, there's lots of issues in the interaction between the Flash player and the html plugins, slowing, lagging, and sometimes crashing browsers.

Mobiles only support the HTML5 player, so that's all they'll get. If your panoramas are full spheres, you'll get multires. If your panoramas are partials, set them as planar or render them as full spheres.

http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... player_.3F

And since you mentioned it not being mentioned anywhere else on the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30193&p=177955#p177955
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=30135&p=177905#p177905
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=29965&p=177378#p177378
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=29957&p=177152#p177152
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=29366&p=175200#p175200

Cliquetsy

Liked in: 119 posts
Info

Re: Zoom for iPad, iPhones, Android tablets doesn't work

by Cliquetsy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:40 pm

And it's only the useless buttons in control bars that are removed, not the features.
On a touch device you don't need a teeny button to turn the panorama left, right up or down if you've got a full screen and nimble fingers to do it. As you say, people are using devices more than computers, so if they want to zoom they'll just instinctively pinch in or pinch out, not look for a hidden "+" button somewhere.

novermber_rain likes this post.

no avatar
novermber_rain

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Zoom for iPad, iPhones, Android tablets doesn't work

by novermber_rain » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:45 pm

thanks that worked :)