Gyroscope option  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
as@aeo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Gyroscope option

by as@aeo » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi,

could anybody please tell me, if it is possible to use the gyroscope function on smartphones and tablets? It doesn't work on most of the devices I tried out.

How can I manage to make the gyroscope function possible on all devices?
What could prevent soft- or hardware from using the gyroscope function?

If it is simply not possible - on which devices will it work fluently?

thx!!

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Gyroscope option

by Annis » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:10 am

Gyroscope on Android devices is unreliable, giving sometimes extremely erratic results.

You can disable gyroscope for Android devices in the plugins properties.
gyroscope.png

no avatar
as@aeo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by as@aeo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Hi,

so if I choose the option "all tablets and mobile devices", it is actually "not reliable on tablets and mobile devices"? That's really sad!! I was asking for this feature months before the 2.0-version was released and kolor promised a complete funcionality on android devices - Within the gyroscope function.

Is an update of the panotour-software able to fix this problem? Or is something in work?

Damn..that's really disappointing - how can I promote a feature which is not working reliable on my clients devices..and the devices of my clients clients =( =( =( ?

Did at least somebody work on the responsiveness on smartphones and tablets? I already asked that several times yet and never got an answer. Non of my administrators had a chance to make the tours responsive - all of them told me the panotour-code itself has to manage that. But how?

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:14 am

"All tablets and mobile devices" that have a efficient gyro. Call Samsung/Apple/other brands for support on their devices. Kolor/GoPro is not responible for their lack of features, efficiency or reliability.

Each Android phone is different, none use the same hardware or same firmware for their gyroscopes.

Regarding the responsiveness, plugins at the moment are not responsive. When possible, set the dimensions in % and not px. Also consider using a different HTML template which can incorporate responsive features like menus, control bars, icons, etc. You can base yourself on and/or use the responsive templates available to download here: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... _Templates