How to get better Google search results?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
jmauro

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How to get better Google search results?

by jmauro » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get better search results from Google for my virtual tour. When I request "Fetch as Google" and render it Google returns an error page.
googleFetch.jpg
Google Search Console

I have meta tags in the HTML for keywords and description, but Google doesn't seem to be recognizing them. I also created a sitemap file today, maybe that will help. Has anyone had good results getting their pano tour to show up directly from a Google search?

Thanks,

Jeremy

no avatar
mountainyahoos

Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: How to get better Google search results?

by mountainyahoos » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:28 pm

As far as I can tell, Google does not understand our amazing spherical panoramic content. In fact we may even be punished for it as it may be interpreted as "thin content" as it has no substantial text. Use a content page with lots of on topic text and iframe the pano tour into the page. Use robots.txt to hide the tour and use sitemap.xml to promote the content page. Not sure if this will work. All I know is that my sites which have pano tours are spectacular (viewer feedback) but the love from Google (who themselves use spherical panoramic photography in street view) seems non-existent. Yahoo however ranks some of my pano tours highly with no text. My income does not rely on my websites as they are a hobby so I am not going to suffer with minor love from Yahoo and being ignored by Google. In the long run users may recognize Yahoo and DuckDuckGo as superior search engines if Google doesn't get a clue sometime soon. Viewers love this content.

jmauro likes this post.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: How to get better Google search results?

by Destiny » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi.. A few ways.. Make sure your Keywords meet the criteria but thats only a small part of it.. You need to get the web Spiders to find you.. You need to go to the Google search and put your url into their database. You can also pay the minimum as possible with Google Adwords.. You are guaranteed to be in the top, but some search engines like Firefox can block Adds.. There are many free ways to achieve this.. https://www.google.com.au/business/?gmb ... vAodt_4BpQ Some countries have Local Business Register.. If you resister with those you can be found... http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/spider

Just do some web searching..

Destiny...

jmauro likes this post.