deep linking with Panotour   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
richardhc

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

deep linking with Panotour

by richardhc » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:02 am

I checked on the list of features on http://www.kolor.com/panotour/panotour-features/ and deep linking is not mentioned as being exclusive to Panotour Pro (it isn't mentioned at all).

I could not get it to work using a tour built by the non-pro version of panotour 2.5
Is it possible to deep link with Panotour?

Cliquetsy

Liked in: 119 posts
Info

Re: deep linking with Panotour

by Cliquetsy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:53 am

It's a pro only feature because you need access the the xml or panoID to use it.

Panotour Standard doesn't have access to any 'advanced' features.

no avatar
Michael H

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

by Michael H » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:08 pm

richardhc wrote:I checked on the list of features on http://www.kolor.com/panotour/panotour-features/ and deep linking is not mentioned as being exclusive to Panotour Pro (it isn't mentioned at all).

I could not get it to work using a tour built by the non-pro version of panotour 2.5
Is it possible to deep link with Panotour?

just out of curiosity, what do you need deep linking for in panotour?

no avatar
richardhc

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

by richardhc » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:14 am

My site has thumbnail pages and rather than make a separate destination page for every pano I wanted to use a tour (for example New Caledonia Lagoon Underwater Scenic images with thumbnails to sphere images on pages that match the rest of the website design and additional information about the images). I wanted to have the thumbnail go right to a particular image in the tour. As it is, the tour opens with the first scene which may or may not be the one the user clicked on. I have a thumbnail stack where the "observant" user can quickly locate and see the desired image but it's kind of a klutzy way to do it.
Deep linking would be more user friendly but this is a fun (ie not a professional) project and I can't afford the pro version for this one non commercial site. Most of my images are on 360Cities anyway (where I have well over a million views) but I thought I'd set up a website just to show off the beauty of the New Caledonia Lagoon World Heritage Site.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: deep linking with Panotour  [SOLVED]

by Annis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:10 am

You are right it wasn't in the features list, nor were any of the features for the latest version. Deep-linking is a Panotour Pro feature.

I've updated the list now, there shouldn't be anything missing.