Keepview "Day/Night" effect with 3 panos   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
marzipano

Topic author
Liked in: 14 posts
Info

Keepview "Day/Night" effect with 3 panos

by marzipano » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:03 pm

I've only just upgraded from PT to PTP (2.5 RC1) in the last week so apologies if this is a silly question

I've been trying out the "Day/Night" facilities in PTP and I am using the Panorama specifc Toggle button approach whereby the tour is generated and then the _core and _skin xml files are amended to introduce mainloadscenewithkeepview and the KEEPVIEW tag.

On a genuine day/night example of 2 panos this is all working exactly as specified and the position in the rotation of the first pano is correctly transferred over at any point in the rotation

However, I also have a set of 3 panos being spring/summer + autumn + winter and I have not been able to get this to work and I thought I would check here to see whether it is possible or whether this method is restricted to sets of 2 only.

I want the sequence to be a loop of pano 1 -> pano 2 -> pano3 ---> then back to pano 1 etc

I have been using the "basic + go to a named panorama" method on the toggle button with the transition type set to "none" as in your video

I can get the sequence to work by using the "next pano" option rather than the "go to named pano" option but then the position in the rotation is not picked up. I cannot get the loop to pick up all the panos in the correct repeating order if I use the "go to a pano" option - it alsways seems to loop round just 2 of the 3 panos and miss 1 of them out completely. I have set of 3 instances of the panorama specific toggle switch plugin with a separate pair specified in each instance (i.e. 1-2, 2-3, 3-1) as I don't think it's possible to specify more than 2 panos in 1 instance

Any thoughts ?

Martin

no avatar
marzipano

Topic author
Liked in: 14 posts
Info

Re: Keepview "Day/Night" effect with 3 panos  [SOLVED]

by marzipano » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:44 am

I could not get this to work with the "toggle between specific panos button" plugin as described above but it does work if you use the "simple button for 1 specific pano" button plugin which can be downloaded and set up with 3 instances

The xml changes are identical to the toggle button and it also supports the use of bespoke .png files for the button shapes same as the toggle plugin

You still need to set the transition entries to "none" to get keepview to operate

This one needs the pano-IDs rather that their names but this is quite easy to find

Happy all working OK now