Display on a mobile device  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
stillstonevisions

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Display on a mobile device

by stillstonevisions » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:07 pm

I am displaying a floorplan and a "Description" box along the left-hand margins of my current project. On the Description, I have left the default of 0 pixels for both width and height. The Map is set to display at a size which is 35% of the screen width and 70% of the height. The screen on a phone is small so the width at 35% of that is too small to display any of the map and no scroll bars are appearing. The description field likewise is displaying too small to be useful.

I'm not aware that we have the option at this point of detecting that it is a mobile device and having different display parameters from when it is displaying on a large monitor.

Any solution to this?

Thanks,
Paul

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Display on a mobile device

by mediavets » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:13 pm

stillstonevisions wrote:I am displaying a floorplan and a "Description" box along the left-hand margins of my current project. On the Description, I have left the default of 0 pixels for both width and height. The Map is set to display at a size which is 35% of the screen width and 70% of the height. The screen on a phone is small so the width at 35% of that is too small to display any of the map and no scroll bars are appearing. The description field likewise is displaying too small to be useful.

I'm not aware that we have the option at this point of detecting that it is a mobile device and having different display parameters from when it is displaying on a large monitor.

Any solution to this?

Thanks,
Paul

Not via the GUI at present, AFAIK.

None of the current generation of plugins is responsive.

You could hand code something if that's your 'thing'.

But you may be better off creating a separate version of the tour with a different UI for mobile devices?

Andrew

no avatar
Toni Fong

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by Toni Fong » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Hi, it already passed 3 years since this question about responsive size for description in mobile devices. Already any solution ? A lot of resources from panotour become useless with mobile being so important nowadays. Kolor should focus on solve all mobile bugs from panotour. Or at least it should have an easy way to create a mobile version without the need to code the .html or .xml, is there any way ?

no avatar
stillstonevisions

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by stillstonevisions » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:30 pm

No solution from me.