Running partial 360 panos in tour.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
RS360VTS

Topic author
Liked in: 3 posts
Info

Running partial 360 panos in tour.

by RS360VTS » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi
Is there any progress in running a 360 equirectangular image only partially round, and not panning the full 360?
I have tried the cropping method, but that does not work in that the pan goes the partial distance, then reverses back to the start.
I believe this was a recognised problem, any progress?

RS360vts

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Running partial 360 panos in tour.

by mediavets » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:04 pm

RS360VTS wrote:Hi
Is there any progress in running a 360 equirectangular image only partially round, and not panning the full 360?
I have tried the cropping method, but that does not work in that the pan goes the partial distance, then reverses back to the start.
I believe this was a recognised problem, any progress?

RS360vts

I am confused. An equirectangular image - by definition - has a 360x180 pano FOV and an aspect ratio of 2:1 - it cannot be 'partially round' (whatever that means)

If you have a pano that does not have a full 360 degree HFOV what do you want to happen if it is set to autorotate?

RS360VTS

Topic author
Info

by RS360VTS » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi

All my images are full 360 x 180 panos.
My client wants to only have some of this displayed. So for example starting at 0 degrees, stopping at say 200 degrees, then moving on to the next scene.
Some of the scenes in the tour are to be run the whole way around, some only partial. The tour is to run on autotour.

If I use the method you described cropping the image, the autorotate causes the scene to run to the preset limits then reverse.

I thought this was a "nice to have feature" and was going to be added in the future. Well it has almost been a year since I first asked, and I was wondering if there was any progress.

RS

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:15 pm

RS360VTS wrote:Hi

All my images are full 360 x 180 panos.
My client wants to only have some of this displayed. So for example starting at 0 degrees, stopping at say 200 degrees, then moving on to the next scene.
Some of the scenes in the tour are to be run the whole way around, some only partial. The tour is to run on autotour.

If I use the method you described cropping the image, the autorotate causes the scene to run to the preset limits then reverse.

I thought this was a "nice to have feature" and was going to be added in the future. Well it has almost been a year since I first asked, and I was wondering if there was any progress.

RS

I think that's the way autorotate with autotour has always worked? As things stand you have to use the timed progression option if you don't want it to get stuck on to-and-fro on panos with a HFOV of less than 360 or those to which the crop tool has been applied on the H axis.

But you really want it to move on as soon as it meets the crop limit with no to-and-fro, even if that means part of the pano image may never be seen - is that correct?

The Autotour feature in PT/PTP has always been rather primitive and as you say we've seen no enhancements of it despite many requests.

But do post you specific request here and maybe it will be noted (again):
viewforum.php?f=38

RS360VTS

Topic author
Info

by RS360VTS » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Hi

The timed approach will not work, as this will affect all scenes of this tour which is not what I need.
The particular job I am (still) working on has around 20 different scenes. around 15 will be full 360 degree views, but the remaining 5 scenes need only to show part of the 360 degrees, and not always the same pan. Some may only be 180 degrees, some 270 degrees. The hidden part will not be show ever.
I will raise the issue again, hopefully this might be a feature for the future.

RS

benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 182 posts
Info

by benji33 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:22 pm

Not available yet.
But your right :
1. a time approach for each panorama will be better. This has been discussed.
2. for partial image the current difficulty is that the start position is often not the start left for instance of the panorama but the center so panorama rotation is made on right then go back to the left for instance to offer the full view of the partial panorama.
So a timeline approach will be better for autotour and this is the prefered way for futur implementation.

RS360VTS

Topic author
Info

by RS360VTS » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi Benji,

Any time frame as to when we might see this as a new feature?
It is just that I have a client who needs this, and its been a year since I first mentioned it.
It would be good to know if we are looking at another year, or perhaps a few months.

Regards

Richard

benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 182 posts
Info

by benji33 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:00 am

I don't know yet but director's cut which has been planned for future version will be what you need I think.