Panos not loading on Smartphones - Scripting Issue  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
andy4nothin

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panos not loading on Smartphones - Scripting Issue

by andy4nothin » Wed May 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Over the past couple of weeks I've been modifying my website from a fixed to a responsive layout, and while the panos worked in the fixed layout on smartphones, now all I'm seeing in the responsive layout is the white space that should be occupied by the pano.

The standard html page generated by Panotour works fine on my phone: http://uktripper.com/panoramas/powis-castle.html

The same pano delivered via my website's template looks fine in a desktop browser, but fails on a smartphone or tablet: http://uktripper.com/visits/powis-castle/

I've tried isolating some of the included js but to no avail. I just cannot see where the issue lies.

If anyone can throw some light on the problem, I'd be most grateful.

no avatar
andy4nothin

Topic author
Info

Re: Panos not loading on Smartphones - Scripting Issue

by andy4nothin » Wed May 06, 2015 6:31 pm

Viewing the source in Google chrome while in a smartphone emulation mode, I can see a number of divs for the pano for the next and previous pano buttons, and also the 3d pin that links to other panos. The co-ordinates for the latter can be seen changing in the css's translate element, but none of this is actually visible!

no avatar
andy4nothin

Topic author
Info

by andy4nothin » Fri May 08, 2015 4:07 pm

Not sure precisely where the problem lies, but it appears to be caused by the switch to HTML5 viewer for handheld devices, where the CSS seems to behave differently. I'm not great at any of this stuff, but I've managed to overcome the problem by moving the panodiv into a different position in the flow of the page where it works fine. Unfortunately, the elegant progressive resizing that works in a desktop browser results in a huge whitespace below the pano on handheld devices, so I've set the height to fixed steps using CSS media queries to overcome that issue.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:28 am

Doesn't see issue on iPhone6 test. Have you change something ?
Benjamin

no avatar
andy4nothin

Topic author
Info

by andy4nothin » Wed May 13, 2015 10:41 am

Yes, I'm almost constantly modifying the site at present, and the only way I can get the pano viewer to appear, is to eliminate levels of tag nesting. Originally panoDIV was in body/div/content/article/panoDIV, now it sits in body/div/panoDIV. Was an issue on IOS and android but fine on desktop, so perhaps an embedding/CSS issue with the HTML5 viewer?

I'm just pleased to get it working now!

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:45 am

Yes difficult to know. Passible also that a css rule override the panotour ones with a same name usage ?
Panotour default injection use this format and css rules on them : <div id="container"><div id="tourDIV"><div id="panoDIV">...
So panoDIV depends of previous css rules on html/body/container/tourDIV
Benjamin

no avatar
andy4nothin

Topic author
Info

by andy4nothin » Wed May 13, 2015 10:52 am

I wonder if it's the effect of the css media queries? I'll take a look at this when I've got a little more time.