Small Gallery Bar plugin: Multiple Image  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
AlanS

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Small Gallery Bar plugin: Multiple Image

by AlanS » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:55 pm

I'm using the 'small gallery bar' plugin in Panotour Pro v2.3.1. I want to put many images in the gallery (30+) which is not a problem using "Add multiple files" in the setup (available only on later versions if I recall correctly- 2.3+?)

The trouble I am having is that the only a few of the thumbnails are visible, and there appears to be no way to scroll up/down or sideways to the rest of the thumbnails. Unless I am missing something? This obviously won't work as there seems to be no way for clients to reach the rest of the thumbnails, hence can't view them!

There are a few workarounds that I can't use for one reason or another: making thumbnail previews very small so they all fit on (ie. no need to scroll) doesn't work because they are too small. They have to be on the left side, not the bottom, because of how it is going to embedded (can only view even less thumbnails!). 'Gallery' plugin doesn't really work because the frame of the lightbox is WAY too big (it's going to be embedded very small, like 300px high X 800 wide) and so the actual images aren't much larger than the thumbnails.

So basically, I'd like to use the Small Gallery Bar plugin, but have the thumbnails scroll to view all of them.

Doable?

Alan

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Small Gallery Bar plugin: Multiple Image

by mediavets » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Do all 30+ images have to appear in the small gallery on every pano in the tour?

If not then the Pano-specific version of the Small gallery plugin may help?:

http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... allery_Bar

no avatar
AlanS

Topic author
Info

by AlanS » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Yes, all 30+ images have to appear. And scroll, so they can all be accessed.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:56 pm

AlanS wrote:Yes, all 30+ images have to appear. And scroll, so they can all be accessed.

Hmmm...OK.

Do you think it will be viable/usable if tour display is only 300x800?

no avatar
AlanS

Topic author
Info

by AlanS » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:37 pm

To be determined :) Some background might be helpful: I've designed a series of panos for a resort. They're good, client is happy. Then they requested that I integrate a photo gallery of area attractions into the tour, as a separate page. It's all embedded into their booking system as an iframe, and it's 300w X 800h. They can go full-screen, but everything has to be designed for lowest common denominator (ie. that the tour will only be viewed in the frame).

So my idea was to insert a white "panorama" and use the photo gallery plugin(s). So in essence, there is a pano there, but nothing to see as it's all white. All I want them to see is the gallery pictures, thumbnails, and ability to navigate easily between them.

Why a gallery and nothing else? Because it's embedded, they want the panos and image gallery to be all-in-one, authored just in PTP. Best to use a dedicated light-box gallery plugin of some sort, but they want it to be with the panos.

no avatar
AlanS

Topic author
Info

by AlanS » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Sorry, in response to your question, yes, I think small gallery bar would work, IF the thumbnails scrolled! It's the only thing stopping it from working.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:25 am

Yes smallGalleryBar doesn't have yet the scroll support.
It's a feature request on the plugin but not applied yet.
Benjamin