Retaining a Viewpoint between Panoramas  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
andyhubb

Retaining a Viewpoint between Panoramas

by andyhubb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:36 pm

I recently produced a tour for a school, where we shot the rooms with and without pupils present. All tours (with and without) were taken from exactly the same viewpoint. I would like to be able to add a button that 'removes' or 'adds' pupils - i.e. loads the 'with' or 'without' tour.

I'd like to retain the current viewing angle, so that it's a seamless experience... any one know how to do this? I posted the problem before but with not much response...

Thanks

no avatar
klausesser

Re: Retaining a Viewpoint between Panoramas

by klausesser » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:34 pm

andyhubb wrote:I recently produced a tour for a school, where we shot the rooms with and without pupils present. All tours (with and without) were taken from exactly the same viewpoint. I would like to be able to add a button that 'removes' or 'adds' pupils - i.e. loads the 'with' or 'without' tour.

I'd like to retain the current viewing angle, so that it's a seamless experience... any one know how to do this? I posted the problem before but with not much response...

Thanks

Quite easy: just set the same viewpoint in both panos - and put a hotspot without zoom on it.

http://www.360impressions.de/TourSchlossEller.html

Go through the "Foyer" to "Prinzensaal" and hit the spot on the oven.

best, Klaus

no avatar
andyhubb

by andyhubb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks Klaus. Looks like a good solution.

The perfect solution for me would be to have a button that remains in a static place on the screen, outside of the navigation. This button would load the new panorama (with pupils) using the exact same Yaw / Pitch etc as the current view.

Do you know if that is possible?

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:14 pm

andyhubb wrote: . . outside of the navigation.

"outside the navigation"? What do you mean?

Klaus

no avatar
andyhubb

by andyhubb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:36 pm

There are 9 rooms in the tour - so each room will appear in the navigation bar at the top of the page (they're not linked). But each room is photographed with and without pupils. So I don't want to have 18 buttons in the navigation - Room 1 I Room 1 with Pupils I Room 2 I Room 2 with pupils etc etc.

I would like to load each room with a button in a static place on each tour - not a hotspot. This button will load the panorama with pupils from the tour without pupils and vice versa... and preferably maintaining the same viewing angle as the current tour.

Hope all that makes sense...?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:44 pm

andyhubb wrote:There are 9 rooms in the tour - so each room will appear in the navigation bar at the top of the page (they're not linked). But each room is photographed with and without pupils. So I don't want to have 18 buttons in the navigation - Room 1 I Room 1 with Pupils I Room 2 I Room 2 with pupils etc etc.

I would like to load each room with a button in a static place on each tour - not a hotspot. This button will load the panorama with pupils from the tour without pupils and vice versa... and preferably maintaining the same viewing angle as the current tour.

Hope all that makes sense...?

You can use the Notifications plugin to make pano-specfic buttons:

http://dev.alexpopov.me/panotour_plugin ... -El9GNoios

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 am

If you are comfortable with coding you can bypass the "mainloadscene" action between these panoramas and use your own one with the KEEP_VIEW parameter to keep the yaw pitch fov values of the previous sphere loaded.

More information here on the loadscene method with KEEP_VIEW parameter : http://krpano.com/docu/actions/#loadscene

no avatar
andyhubb

by andyhubb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:34 am

benji33 wrote:If you are comfortable with coding you can bypass the "mainloadscene" action between these panoramas and use your own one with the KEEP_VIEW parameter to keep the yaw pitch fov values of the previous sphere loaded.

More information here on the loadscene method with KEEP_VIEW parameter : http://krpano.com/docu/actions/#loadscene

Can't say I'm a coding expert unfortunately. Do you have any examples?

Annis
Kolor Team

by Annis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:16 pm

andyhubb wrote:
benji33 wrote:If you are comfortable with coding you can bypass the "mainloadscene" action between these panoramas and use your own one with the KEEP_VIEW parameter to keep the yaw pitch fov values of the previous sphere loaded.

Can't say I'm a coding expert unfortunately. Do you have any examples?

Hello,

Have a look at this post for an example: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20871&p=133271#p133271

Annis

no avatar
andyhubb

by andyhubb » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:39 pm

This appears to work well, thanks yeah. However, KEEPVIEW appears to override all settings for zoom limits, so the user ends up with the ability to zoom in and out way too far. I like to limit these - it helps people not to get lost in the tour. Any ideas?

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:43 pm

It's one of the problem of the KEEPVIEW it use the view parameters of the previous scene so if view parameters and limits are differents between panoramas, KEEPVIEW erase these differences.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro