10 image tour pixelated on mobile devices  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
dakeyne

10 image tour pixelated on mobile devices

by dakeyne » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:46 am

*Apologies, re-posting here in the correct section (Panotour Pro 2, not 1.8)*

Hi all, Paul here, new member :-)
Been using Panotour Pro for a few weeks now and getting the hang of it nicely. So far, published very small tours with maximum 2 x 360 views therein (with 'ambience' sound) and found to be instant load up on desktop and mobile devices. However, I've just published my biggest tour which contains 10 x 360 images (again, with ambience audio on each view) and have found that when loaded first screen on a mobile device (iPad/iPhone etc, with either home wifi or 3G etc) that flicking to 'next pano' usually results in a very pixelated rendering of the image, as if not fully loaded in resolution. If left for maybe 30 seconds or longer, then the image(s) sometimes go full resolution.

http://tours.dakeynephotography.com/Ses ... h2014.html

I've noticed this ten image tour also is a touch slow on screen 1 load up even on a laptop or PC (with good wifi connection).

Has anyone noticed this pixelated image quality on larger tours? Am I perhaps rendering at too high a jpg quality (currently at '9')? or, is it perhaps because that every 'view' holds an MP3 (@192kbps) perhaps??

(Source equi jpg pixel resolution approx 10,600 x 5300 pxs)
Thanks guys
Paul

benji33
Kolor Team

Re: 10 image tour pixelated on mobile devices

by benji33 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:43 am

On Flash player all sound are preloaded on startup (more than 13 Mo of sounds in your case).
On HTML5 player there is no preload and each sound is loaded on panorama call. So you have to request tiles + sound on each panorama start. It can take some delay so.

Have you tried without autorotation of panoramas ?

no avatar
dakeyne

by dakeyne » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:21 pm

benji33 wrote:On Flash player all sound are preloaded on startup (more than 13 Mo of sounds in your case).
On HTML5 player there is no preload and each sound is loaded on panorama call. So you have to request tiles + sound on each panorama start. It can take some delay so.

Have you tried without autorotation of panoramas ?

Thanks for the reply Benjamin
I'll try again without autorotation on. By the way, is 192kbps the minimum bit rate allowed for MP3's within Panotour Pro or could I use 128kbps instead?
Regards
Paul

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:30 pm

128kbps works into Flash and HTML5 player.

no avatar
dakeyne

by dakeyne » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Thank you Benjamin

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro