Panotour Pro 2.0 Crashes on loading Panos  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
paul100

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Panotour Pro 2.0 Crashes on loading Panos

by paul100 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:32 pm

This is the second time I have posted this with little help!
I am working with Windows 8 and Panotour Pro V2.1.3 64bits each time I load a pano on a new tour screen the software crashes and a report is created, not that anyone takes any notice of the reports!! it was sugested that it was the wrong format of pano, so I built panos from both Autopano Giga 3.6 and PTGui Pro
BOTH made the software crash, can anyone please help with this problem as contacting KOLOR is a waist of time with NO help.
This problem is effecting my business I will have to take action against KOLOR if not able to corect this.

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Panotour Pro 2.0 Crashes on loading Panos

by bdd » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:36 pm

paul100 wrote:This is the second time I have posted this with little help!
I am working with Windows 8 and Panotour Pro V2.1.3 64bits each time I load a pano on a new tour screen the software crashes and a report is created, not that anyone takes any notice of the reports!! it was sugested that it was the wrong format of pano, so I built panos from both Autopano Giga 3.6 and PTGui Pro
BOTH made the software crash, can anyone please help with this problem as contacting KOLOR is a waist of time with NO help.
This problem is effecting my business I will have to take action against KOLOR if not able to corect this.

By panorama format I did not mean the software you used to stitch them, but the type of picture : tiff 8b, tiff16b, jpeg, kro, etc...

Gérald

no avatar
Aaron Eriksson

Info

by Aaron Eriksson » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:09 am

I feel for you. I also am on wind 8.
PTP 2 is better than what it used to be but still not completely stable. After I make 12 or more panos the system will just crash. This has been going on since got it. I have stopped making reports. But they are trying. The biggest issues are upon building or after a tour becomes unstable. I do volume tours and I will tell you what works best for me.

1. Don't use the other Kolor processors. I tried them and they are slower than PT Gui. Watch youtube reviews and alot of photographers stick to what is tried and true. Kolor looks flashy with their demos but when it comes to end product, sorry I don't think I will be farther by changing my tools. I have asked them to tell me how their products could help me shorten my workflow steps and they could not shorten them. Which is why I would buy their tools. They might be better at some things but they were sooooo slow.... :-(
2. Make sure you don't work raw. Convert to JPG and ptguii will scream right through stitching.
3. Then import into PTP pro.
4. WHen you work the file, save as you go.
5. When you get a low memory warning and it asks you to save, DON'T! Just close then reopen. and continue.

I have lost many projects by fighting it. Kolor should have waited to launch the PTP2 but we all got through it. Just take a deep breath and you will be ok.

no avatar
paul100

Topic author
Info

by paul100 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:51 am

Aaron, thank you so much for the info, I started to think I was on my own, I have now gone back to using the older version and are getting some sucksess with it, I used Panotour Pro several years back and had no problems it was fine, so what has gone wrong with this software?

Regards
Paul

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:31 am

paul100 wrote:Aaron, thank you so much for the info, I started to think I was on my own, I have now gone back to using the older version and are getting some sucksess with it, I used Panotour Pro several years back and had no problems it was fine, so what has gone wrong with this software?

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Can you share your panorama with development team ?
Upload the panorama file somewhere, and send me the link in a private message.

We will try to reproduce the crash whith the same resource as yours.

Gérald