Errors with Image hotspot. Help Please.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
ERR

Errors with Image hotspot. Help Please.

by ERR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:17 pm

I have developed a tour with quite a few pictures using "Add Picture". When I preview it in my offline browser (Firefox) everything (the tour & hotspots) works perfectly fine EXCEPT I get an error "Info: Display Image: Function called without any image. Verify its parameters in Panotour". See the attached screenshot please.

I have uploaded the tour so it is "live" and still have the same error.

Here is the link: http://www.rogersphoto.com/virtual/Rogers%20Photography/Rogers%20Photography%20Tour.html

To view the error go into the studio and click on image hotspots.

As I said the tour functions just fine it's just that each time I click on an image it appears but I get the error.

How might I fix this?

Thank you,

Ed
Attachments
Error PTP000.jpg

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Errors with Image hotspot. Help Please.

by mediavets » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:29 pm

Can you post some screenshots here to show the configuration of the Picture hotspot style (in the Style section) and the Hotspot properties (in the Tour section) for one of these pictures.

no avatar
ERR

by ERR » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:57 pm

mediavets wrote:Can you post some screenshots here to show the configuration of the Picture hotspot style (in the Style section) and the Hotspot properties (in the Tour section) for one of these pictures.

I actually just figured it out> I would call it a "bug" cause it sure "bugged" me :/

Here's what happened:

I created image hotspots using "add picture".

In my "styles" I had created two "Default Picture spots"

I assigned a file in the display parameters of Spot Style 1 but by accident assigned the file to hotspot 2 also.

This messed up PTP and caused the error.

So it was just a matter of having two Default Picture Spots with files (the same) assigned. IMHO if having two default picture spots, one should override the other correct?

I am still running tests but removing one file reference seemed to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Ed

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:11 pm

ERR wrote:
Here's what happened:

I created image hotspots using "add picture".

In my "styles" I had created two "Default Picture spots"

I assigned a file in the display parameters of Spot Style 1 but by accident assigned the file to hotspot 2 also.

This messed up PTP and caused the error.

So it was just a matter of having two Default Picture Spots with files (the same) assigned. IMHO if having two default picture spots, one should override the other correct?

I am still running tests but removing one file reference seemed to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Ed

I'm not sure I understand what you did, but I cannot reproduce the issue based on what I think you may have done.

I'd like to see some screenshots of the Picture spot configurations in the Style section, and Hotspot properties in the Tour section.

Here's how I would configure a Picture hotspot for your application:
Attachments
2-ptp213-picturespot-max.jpg
1-ptp213-picturespot-max.jpg

no avatar
ERR

by ERR » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:37 am

Yes. That's the configuration I have now and it works just fine.

As usual, I tried to remember just exactly how it was set up to cause the errors but I was so darn happy I figured it out I forgot (even though I did repeat it). It's been a long week (and it's only Wednesday!!!) :/ .

If I run across it again I will most certainly post it as I wouldn't want anyone else to have the same issue.

Kind Regards,

Ed

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro