Excessive upload times  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
stillstonevisions

Excessive upload times

by stillstonevisions » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:12 pm

I am working with a large job....32 panos of 3 MB each.

The job has been uploading for around 2 hours and during that time, has uploade around 500 of 13500 files. At that rate it is going to take more than 24 hours.

My JPEG quality is set to 9. Can I lower that without sacrificing noticeable quality? If so, must I start the whole job upload over?

Thank you,
Paul

no avatar
stillstonevisions

Re: Excessive upload times

by stillstonevisions » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Also, on the "Build" page, there is a choice to set the "Generation Method" to "Generate all panos except those marked as 'don't generate'". How does one so mark panos?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:12 pm

stillstonevisions wrote:Also, on the "Build" page, there is a choice to set the "Generation Method" to "Generate all panos except those marked as 'don't generate'". How does one so mark panos?

In Panorama properties in the Tour section:
Attachments
1-ptp213-donotgenerate.jpg

no avatar
stillstonevisions

by stillstonevisions » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Thank you for the "don't generate" answer. Can you comment on the JPEG quality question also?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:27 pm

stillstonevisions wrote:Thank you for the "don't generate" answer. Can you comment on the JPEG quality question also?

Acceptable image quality is to some extent subjective.

I think you may have to build the tour again - to a new folder - with JPEG quality of 7 and then decide for yourself.

Then you could also compare sizes of tour folders and estimate how much more quickly the tour with lower JPEG quality might be uploaded.

no avatar
stillstonevisions

by stillstonevisions » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Thank you

Destiny

by Destiny » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:33 am

Hi...

8 is the minimum I would use, but its your call... If your uploading is slow that would be your internet speed.. I would suggest Rebooting your system when its time, and then try to upload during a NONE peek internet traffic time.. I was surprised a long time a go to find that RAM can effect your internet speed... Its probably an indirect effect... Anyway.... You could also do a Speed test, there are free speed test apps. You could run one to find the best time to do your uploading... I take it you have ADSL.. I achieve about 100kb per second but that varies like crazy... Some people achieve heaps better.. Very early morning for me is the best time...

Destiny...

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro