Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:48 am 

I'm rebuilding some PTP1.8 tours to PTP2.1.2 but would like to keep the hotspot graphic that I used in the original 1.8 tours which is "direction sequence"

I know there is a multitude of new spot graphics in PTP2 but unless I've gone loopy, I can't seem to see the original direction sequence that used to be in PTP1.8 (see attached screen shot)
I have found the Contents/Resources/spots/ directory on my Mac for PTP2 so thought I might be able to get away with finding the same in PTP1.8 and copying over the graphic folder I wanted but I hit a snag. In the old version the sequence was done as 10 separate png images sequentially named. From what I can gather the new way of doing sequence images is to put all this into a single sprite png and address their location?

Has anybody been able to do this for this graphic in question and willing or able to share it with me? Is this not a retina friendly graphic for iOS devices hence the reason it didn't make the cut?

Am I over complicating this? Is there a much simpler way to get the old style direction sequence spot back by selecting a custom file when setting up the spot properties?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:41 am 

Hi...

You can create you own custom hotspot and you can use V1.8 graphics to do this too... There might be a little bit of xml coding to accommodate this but its easy.. I will look at the graphic you have and reproduce it then send you the Custom Hotspot.. You then just add it to your Library... Then you can use it anytime for any project.....

Destiny...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:02 am 

Kolor

Could you please check to see if its still possible to add a custom hotspots in the Documents/kolor folder.. I have done it in the past with no issues but now it will not work..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:09 am 
Administrator

Destiny wrote:
Kolor

Could you please check to see if its still possible to add a custom hotspots in the Documents/kolor folder.. I have done it in the past with no issues but now it will not work..

Destiny...

It is still possible.
You can try for example to install the "Clean spots" from Alan Shisko : http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... _Providers
They are working fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:40 am 

Destiny - thanks for the info, the original 11 png that make up the sequence are in this zip file if that is any help?

bdd - thanks for the info and link too. I will give the clean buttons install a try and look at the source files.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:41 am 

Hi Gerald....

Well, thank you for the conformation.. and yes I have already downloaded the Clean Hotspot set long time ago..

I must be having a Blond Day... I normally can add the Custom Hotspots into the Documents/kolor folder where they will show in my Point Spot drop down, then I can add it to my spots Library but for some reason it is not showing up... dmmmm

Did you try using a Mac...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:46 am 

Confused.. why are they individual images.. It should be a strip..

Anyway... once it get it working you set the default colour to anything you like, but using PTP V2 you can change to any colour you like.. Its really an amazing feature.. Much better than V1.8...

Destiny...

scoopz wrote:
Destiny - thanks for the info, the original 11 png that make up the sequence are in this zip file if that is any help?

bdd - thanks for the info and link too. I will give the clean buttons install a try and look at the source files.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:20 am 

Even if my files were not working, it should still show the naming "Destiny" in the Point Spot Drop-down ... But it doesn't when I added it to the System Directory....

I did the same in the Documents/kolor and the System folders but nothing shows in PTP..

I think there is an issue which is posh for saying 'Bug'.. .. I did this before during Alpha and Beta with no issues... Now I have issues..

Destiny..

Attachments:
greenarrow.jpg
greenarrow.jpg [ 35.66 KiB | Viewed 223 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:35 am 
Administrator

Destiny wrote:
Even if my files were not working, it should still show the naming "Destiny" in the Point Spot Drop-down ... But it doesn't when I added it to the System Directory....

I did the same in the Documents/kolor and the System folders but nothing shows in PTP..

I think there is an issue which is posh for saying 'Bug'.. .. I did this before during Alpha and Beta with no issues... Now I have issues..

Destiny..

Can you send me your files ?

Gérald

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:36 pm 

Yay...

Thank you Gerald, I renamed my file and it worked..

So scoopz, all you need to do is download this file, then add it to your 'User Directory Spots Folder' as it is. You will find that in Documents/kolor/.. You will be able to use it anytime... I made a Sequence and a Single Spot..

When its there, display it in PTP in the 'Point spot', where all the default Spots are, then at the top right you will see "Save in library".. Click it and it will then appear on the right in the Spots Library to use as you need on any project.. Adding it there will allow you to use it multiple times with different Plugins..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/Dest ... otspot.zip

Destiny..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:22 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Yay...
So scoopz, all you need to do is download this file, then add it to your 'User Directory Spots Folder' as it is.
http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/Dest ... otspot.zip

Destiny..

Destiny that worked perfectly, restarted PTP and it's available in the list and I can change the colour as per all the others. Thank you for taking the time to do that for me, very much appreciated....and now I've got no excuse to ever need to use PTP1.8 again :-) fab!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:51 am 

Hi Destiny. I've been trying to use the older buttons from panotour 1.8 on the new panotour pro 2 without success. I would really appreciate if you could provide a link to the zip file that you previously did as the present link does not work. Regards, Graham McPherson