Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:59 pm 

Tricky one to explain...

When using the multi-level floor plans option, if you have more than one group on the same floor plan, there is an issue with the map spots. I've tried numerous ways around it, but I think it must be a glitch.

When you associate a map spot to a group rather than a pano, this should include all the panos in this group. I have a large VT where this isn't the case, i.e. when you view the floor plan from the second, third, fourth etc, panos in a group it reverts back to the main plan, instead of the plan associated to the group through the map spot.

Of course, it is possible to associate a floor plan to every group, but then you have duplicate floor plans in the drop down menu.

The VT I have has 19 groups (for a ski resort).

If anyone has found a solution for this, please let me know. Otherwise, this is probably one for PTP 2.1.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:20 am 

StubbsyNZ wrote:
Tricky one to explain...

When using the multi-level floor plans option, if you have more than one group on the same floor plan, there is an issue with the map spots. I've tried numerous ways around it, but I think it must be a glitch.

When you associate a map spot to a group rather than a pano, this should include all the panos in this group. I have a large VT where this isn't the case, i.e. when you view the floor plan from the second, third, fourth etc, panos in a group it reverts back to the main plan, instead of the plan associated to the group through the map spot.

Of course, it is possible to associate a floor plan to every group, but then you have duplicate floor plans in the drop down menu.

The VT I have has 19 groups (for a ski resort).

If anyone has found a solution for this, please let me know. Otherwise, this is probably one for PTP 2.1.

Thanks.

Is this tour online? If so, may we see it?

I don't quote understand the issue...but...I think the 'expectation' of PTP 2.x is that if you choose to use multi-level floorplans then each group will gave a separate floorplan.

In your tour what determine whether scene belongs to a particular group? I presume it isn't location or you would not have several groups on one floorplan?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 am 

Yes, I have just uploaded it... http://360queenstown-wanaka.com/media/v ... ll-resort/

I'm not sure what you mean with your question...
Quote:
In your tour what determine whether scene belongs to a particular group? I presume it isn't location or you would not have several groups on one floorplan?

The groups are specified in PTP, and linked to my map spots on the floor plans and hot spots within the panos. In real life the groups are different trails on a ski resort - the panos different places on each trail. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:11 am 

StubbsyNZ wrote:
Yes, I have just uploaded it... http://360queenstown-wanaka.com/media/v ... ll-resort/

I'm not sure what you mean with your question...
Quote:

The groups are specified in PTP, and linked to my map spots on the floor plans and hot spots within the panos. In real life the groups are different trails on a ski resort - the panos different places on each trail. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

I don't see the problem you report.

If I click on a particular spot on floorplan for a trail or scene, and the switch scenes from the thumbnails and then re-open the floorplan it seems to show the correct floorplan for that group.

Can you suggest a procedure whereby I can see the problem you are reporting?

PS. I really dislike those arrow hotspots. Perhaps you have too many different styles of navigation in one tour?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 am 

Yes, some of the panos are associated correctly, but some are not.

The quickest way to see my problem, is to click on the green hotspot from the load pano taking you to the beginner area. Now load the floor plan (trail map) and it loads the correct floor plan. Now click on the next green hotspot taking you to the second pano in that group and load the floor plan again - you'll see it diverts back to the main floor plan.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:54 am 

StubbsyNZ wrote:
Yes, some of the panos are associated correctly, but some are not.

The quickest way to see my problem, is to click on the green hotspot from the load pano taking you to the beginner area. Now load the floor plan (trail map) and it loads the correct floor plan. Now click on the next green hotspot taking you to the second pano in that group and load the floor plan again - you'll see it diverts back to the main floor plan.

Thanks.

Yes...I see that.

It seems that mixing hotspots and thumbnail navigation with floorplans doesn't work.

I find the mix of navigation styles/types very confusing anyway.

I think I'd ditch the hotspots for navigation purposes.