LivePano documentation plus an example  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
pgielen

LivePano documentation plus an example

by pgielen » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:52 pm

I have been experimenting with LivePano in PtP 2.0 and since I could not find a document that has a complete guide, I decided to write one myself. This is not a replacement for Kolors tutorials, but it may give you a few tips. The problems I encountered using LivePano are also in there, ranging from audio-video synchronization issues to socks showing in the movie.
http://virtualtours.nl/panorama/livepano/Workflow%20guide%20for%20LivePano.doc

Destiny

Re: LivePano documentation plus an example

by Destiny » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:14 am

Hi.. Its good you took the time and effort.. .

I discovered my own shortfalls in using LivePano... I shot the video as the sun was shining through the top windows dramatically changing the background light.. You can see the change in light at this example.. I tried a few times but the sun kept dropping in and out as it passed over clouds.. I will try again when the sky is clear of clouds but this might not be an option during a booked job.. There is no option in the GUI to compensate for this.. To be honest, I have fund that this is really necessary..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... ePano.html

I really hope that there are many more features in the GUI that allow for compensating for lighting.. Its obvious to me that there will always be some difference unless the VR and the Video is captured in a controlled lighting studio.. Environment light is always changing.. Therefore LivePano needs to allow for adjustments in framed lighting.. We should be able to more a control on the timeline and adjust the lighting/blending accordingly..

One big issue I have with LivePano, is that there is no option to step back .. Once you go next thats it... I really think that LivePano is an awesome new media which takes a bit of time to work out the process.. But it needs more control options in the GUI..

Destiny..

pgielen

Re: LivePano documentation plus an example

by pgielen » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:04 am

Destiny wrote:I really hope that there are many more features in the GUI that allow for compensating for lighting..

Yes, that would be welcome. I'd also like to see the linear 'wizard' that is used now replaced by a GUI that allows me to select the steps myself in the desired order, to save intermediate results, to show a fast rendered example and to adjust badly synchronized audio before the definite high quality rendering.

Pierre

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro