Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:37 pm 

Hi guys, when adding an hotspot with action "open a specific image" I can choose how to strength the image, i set 0% on height and 70% for width.
So I can have a decent result with widescreen and portrait monitor/device. But i would like to see it fitting in the screen and fully visible...

Gallery has an auto adjustment property...how can I use it for single image? and is there a way to overlay the pano like gallery does when opened? =)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:53 pm 

Hi..

As I understand, you want a single image to show but with the an Overlay...

With the standard show an image, no you cannot, but if you were to add a single image into a Gallery, ticking the Overlay, then ensure you set the frame/boarder to 0 alpha with no control but tick the Close to show a X..

This would be your option via the GUI but you might also be able to edit the xml to add a Overlay to an image.

These are two options .. Basically you are making the Gallery look like the Show Image but with an Overlay..
http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... llery.html
http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... llery.html

Destiny...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 am 

I like the first example... Did you use a gallery plugin?....
I was able to achieve a result like your second link but it's not amazing on mobile device :)
Francesco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:47 am 

No, not the Gallery, I just added pictures, but you if you need an Overlay on this option since its not within the GUI, you might be able to edit the xml as I suggested.. I will give it a try and let you know.. Not sure if the Overlay works on Devices though... Some features do not...

Destiny...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:55 am 

I should use an overlay just to separate foreground photo and background panorama...it's not easy to explain better my intention :)
I can edit my XML but don't know what to edit :D I wait for your help ;)
Francesco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:22 am 

franzkekko wrote:
I should use an overlay just to separate foreground photo and background panorama...it's not easy to explain better my intention :)
Francesco

Put a border around your photo image using an image editor?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 am 

May be a solution... But how do I set a auto adjustment to keep width-height ratio and let the image be visible in both landscape and portrait orientation?

Have a look to that pano I'm working on:
http://www.notesdomino.it/vtour/megaros.html

The table on the right has three hotspots, the first on the left is a portrait and others are landscape. With mobile in portrait that's no problem (images are a little too small) but with My nexus in landscape orientation I can't see first image correctly :(

How to resolve that? :)
Francesco

P.S. a feedback for my piano would be greatly appreciated ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:58 am 

franzkekko wrote:
The table on the right has three hotspots, the first on the left is a portrait and others are landscape. With mobile in portrait that's no problem (images are a little too small) but with My nexus in landscape orientation I can't see first image correctly :(

How to resolve that? :)
Francesco

If your images were square or circular and width dimension set to 50% then I believe you would be able to see the entire image in either portrait or landscape orientation on all common screen sizes/aspect ratios?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 am 

Hi.. I tested the single image option with an Overlay.. Sorry to say its not possible since the Overlay is driven by the kolorbox.. A single image is not using it.. So, the only option is to add a single image into a Gallery.. You have many options with the boarder and Overlay..

One thing I would suggest you do is optimise your images, they are far too big... Also the physical size of them is far too big at 800 X 1200.. Viewing on a Device they would take far too long to load.. Depending on the device they might even not load at all...

Why did you remove the assists from their default folders.. You seemed to have made a lot of work for yourself.. The file structure seems strange..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:42 am 

Thanks I'll use galley kolorbox pointing exactly to an image...

Quote:
why did you remove the assists from their default folders.. You seemed to have made a lot of work for yourself.. The file structure seems strange..

I didn't edited structure and XML files... What does seem strange? Only render with ptp2.1rc

Francesco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:12 am 

This first screen shot is your file structure for your menus and images... All your menu buttons, hotspots and images are all in a folder named 'images'.. This is not how PTP creates them.. The second graphic is how they are supposed to look.. All of your graphics seems to have been placed into a single folder... That means that all the links/urls to those assets would have to be renamed/edited which is a lot of work for nothing..

Destiny..

franzkekko wrote:
Thanks I'll use galley kolorbox pointing exactly to an image...

Quote:
why did you remove the assists from their default folders.. You seemed to have made a lot of work for yourself.. The file structure seems strange..

I didn't edited structure and XML files... What does seem strange? Only render with ptp2.1rc

Francesco

Attachments:
images-1.jpg
images-1.jpg [ 213.34 KiB | Viewed 482 times ]
filestructure-2.jpg
filestructure-2.jpg [ 164.68 KiB | Viewed 482 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:34 am 

Destiny I think you used Google Chrome Dev Tools to look at my structure. It's wrong because it assemble all file into a single "virtual folder" that he name IMAGES, where all images are listed. My structure is correct:

Attachment:
Structure.jpg
Structure.jpg [ 182.85 KiB | Viewed 478 times ]

=) I think so... =)

I'm resizing still images of the pano...may be they are really too big, you're right.

Francesco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:43 am 

emm.. I actually use Safari web inspector.. Very strange since I have never seen anyone else's files like that.. Sometimes its necessary to get into the file structure to find what a user might be doing wrong in order to provide advice on how to fix an issue......

With your images, if you have Photoshop, you can use Save For Web at 70% which will make little difference to the image quality on the web but terrible if someone tried to print them.. Also, I would suggest 800px high was big enough.. You will fined that the images will load on a Device much quicker..

Destiny..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:50 am 

Well I'm doing it after lunch =)

Thanks for your help! You're always so helpful...thanks really!!

Francesco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 pm 

Destiny do you know if preloading picture should speed up opening images?
Something like that may improve speed?

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
if (document.images) {
    img1 = new Image();
    img1.src = "image.jpg";
    img2 = new Image();
    img2.src = "image2.jpg";
}
</script>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:47 pm 

Not really... no...

The Gallery only loads the image you are viewing and one image either side.. The following image loads on call as you view them. As long as you optimise your images, you should not have a problem... With the Gallery you can set the viewing size.. Its really quite a nice plugin, which is now only missing the Thumb nav... It now has a Title and Caption option..

Destiny

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:50 am 

What picture size is recommended for Landscape?

How do I stablish a size that fit within any computer, Tablet, Phone , etc ?

Is it better to use jpg instead of TIFF ? What size? The pano /pics take time to upload ... and I need to show 5 panos and around 60 pictures and 20 videos...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:56 am 

Hi..

Orientation does not matter at all.. .You can even mix this...

As for size, they should auto resize according to the hardware you are viewing the image on.. I have not found them cropping, but I have not viewed a Gallery on a Phone yet.... As for size, 800x600 I would suggest was the max.. Minimum will but a matter of testing..

You should use either JPGs or PNG for the web... NEVER use a TIF... TIFs are good for print... You should optimise your images to about 70/80 for the web using Photoshop if you have it.. You can go down to 60, depending on the image..

Video will work fine using MP4 in most situations... but for best results with viewing video, you should use a streaming player, preferably capable of detaching the platform so the best movie format can be used such as MP4, OGV and WEBM..

Destiny...

rruiz wrote:

Is it better to use jpg instead of TIFF ? What size? The pano /pics take time to upload ... and I need to show 5 panos and around 60 pictures and 20 videos...

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:33 am 

Destiny wrote:
Hi..

As for size, they should auto resize according to the hardware you are viewing the image on.. I have not found them cropping, but I have not viewed a Gallery on a Phone yet.... As for size, 800x600 I would suggest was the max.. Minimum will but a matter of testing..

You should use either JPGs or PNG for the web... NEVER use a TIF... TIFs are good for print... You should optimise your images to about 70/80 for the web using Photoshop if you have it.. You can go down to 60, depending on the image..

Video will work fine using MP4 in most situations... but for best results with viewing video, you should use a streaming player, preferably capable of detaching the platform so the best movie format can be used such as MP4, OGV and WEBM..

Destiny...

rruiz wrote:

Destiny
"As for size, 800x600 I would suggest was the max..."
Your size recommended for ipad is wonderful, thanks, but when it is been shown on a PC I found that the best size is something around 1100x900. Is there a way that I can use both sizes depending in the equipment that is been shown?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:35 am 

rruiz wrote:
Your size recommended for ipad is wonderful, thanks, but when it is been shown on a PC I found that the best size is something around 1100x900. Is there a way that I can use both sizes depending in the equipment that is been shown?

Thanks

Not via the GUI.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:58 am 

Well in that case, what I suggest you try is Uncheck the "Container auto size" and set it to Percentage.. That will mean it will expand relative to your pano displayed in the device used.. Try 80%.. Then work down.. Not sure if Kolor actually thought of making a sub set of images during the build so the images were automatically created into appropriate images size according to the % of the image size in relation to the device being used..... I added a large image but I would have thought that it would struggle to load on a small device.. This feature needs a rethink.. An auto reduced set of images needs to be created appropriate to load on a device fast or it might crash...

However... there are some bugs with using the % feature.. Once you set it to %, you get no Close or Expand buttons.. Also, when the browser window is set to very small such as a Phone, the images reduces in size within the boundaries of the Gallery Frame resulting in a large Gallery boarder but the image continues to reduce in size.. Very strange.. very buggy...

Destiny...

rruiz wrote:
Destiny wrote:
Hi..

Destiny...

rruiz wrote:

Destiny

Thanks