Flat or Partial Pano  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Aaron Eriksson

Flat or Partial Pano

by Aaron Eriksson » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:35 am

I have a partial pano. I know the settings are different from a full pano. How do you import and set the FOV? Do you folks have a tutorial?

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Flat or Partial Pano

by mediavets » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 am

Aaron Eriksson wrote:I have a partial pano. I know the settings are different from a full pano. How do you import and set the FOV? Do you folks have a tutorial?

Partial panos created with APP/APG will have a custom Kolor EXIF tag which records - among other things - the H and V FOV and vertical offset. These values may be viewed using any EXIF reader; see screenshot below.

If the rendered pano has not been processed before input to PTP in such a way that destroys this EXIF tag then PT/PTP will read the EXIF tag and set Input FOV and vertical offset accordingly.

If for whatever reason this EXIF tag data is missing you will have to set Input FOV and vertical offset data manually. PT/PTP will attempt to estimate these FOV values based on the aspect ratio of the image but, of course, this estimate will usually be incorrect.

If you wish to use a conventional (non-pano) image in a tour then simply change the projection type to planar.
Attachments
1-apg-kolor-exif.jpg

no avatar
Aaron Eriksson

Re: Flat or Partial Pano

by Aaron Eriksson » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks for the detailed response.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro