Editing Previous/Next Tab Plugin  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
RS360VTS

Editing Previous/Next Tab Plugin

by RS360VTS » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi Guys,

If any of you have used the previous/next tab plugin you will know the alpha setting (0.5) is rather faint in its normal state, going to 1 on over.

Is it possible to edit the plugin to be 1 natural state and 1 over state. (the small arrow also changes, and is good enough to demonstrate the meaning of the tabs, along with the Tool Help.

I know it can be changed once a tour has been produced, but can it be edited in the programme plug in state, so that whenever I use it, it is as I would like? I have tried but the programme does not allow editing.

Any ideas?

RS360VTS

Destiny

Re: Editing Previous/Next Tab Plugin

by Destiny » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi..

Unfortunately there is no way to edit the static state of the Previous / Next.. I found both dots to be ok but the Strip is set at 0 alpha value which in my opinion is too much at 100% invisible. You can easily edit the xml to the Alpha value that you would like, its not hard to do....

In your skin.xml file.. scroll down until you find the Previous / Next Strip. Here I edited to from alpha="0.0" which is totally invisible, to alpha="0.5". If you set it to 1.0 it will be 100% visible. So I suggest no more than 0.7

Destiny..

<!-- ********************** -->
<!-- Previous / Next Strips -->
<!-- ********************** -->

<style name="prevnexttheme2btn_alpha_style"
alpha="0.5" onover="set(alpha, 1);" onout="set(alpha, 0.0);"
devices="desktop"
/>

RS360VTS

by RS360VTS » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi Destiny,

Oh that is a shame I cannot edit the programme plugin, only the outputted skin .xml.

I have about 80 tours I need to build, and I want the base state to be alpha 1 as well as the over state.
This means I have to manually edit every tour... what a nuisance.

Thanks anyway...

RS360VTS

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 pm

I suggest you add this feature the Future Request explaining why.. I really do not understand some of the GUI features.. Having a default set to 0 in my opinion is not a good thing.. For PTP to be truly user friendly it needs to facilitate editing of basic features in a more logical manner..

Destiny..

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:28 am

RS360VTS wrote:Hi Guys,

If any of you have used the previous/next tab plugin you will know the alpha setting (0.5) is rather faint in its normal state, going to 1 on over.

Is it possible to edit the plugin to be 1 natural state and 1 over state. (the small arrow also changes, and is good enough to demonstrate the meaning of the tabs, along with the Tool Help.

I know it can be changed once a tour has been produced, but can it be edited in the programme plug in state, so that whenever I use it, it is as I would like? I have tried but the programme does not allow editing.

Any ideas?

RS360VTS

Open the "templates system directory", find the Prev/Next plugin directory.
Copy the full directory.
Paste it in the user plugins directory.
Open the plug_info.xml file.
Change the plugin name and the plugin ID.
Then open the ".tmpl" file in the plugin directory.
Either change the alpha value there, or "templatize" it, and add a parameter in the plug_info.xml file.

Here is the tutorial explaining how to create a plugin :
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... our_plugin

You'll find there how to add a parameter and how to use it in a plugin.

Gérald

RS360VTS

by RS360VTS » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Brilliant Gérald,

Just tried it, and works a treat.... thank you so much, that has saved me a lot of manual editing.

Keep up the great work.

RS360VTS

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro