NEWBIE MENU QUESTION  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
farkinoff

NEWBIE MENU QUESTION

by farkinoff » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:36 am

While I was searching the forum yesterday I came across a link to a hotel tour taken in Switzerland I think. This tour had 3 or 4 medium sized thumbnail menu tabs that were labeled different areas of the hotel. When the tab was clicked the thumbnail gallery scrolled up (popped up) from the lower control bar so users could easily choose which pano they wanted.

Of course I did not save the url, for those who know what I am talking about and links or help would be great.

Thank you in advance!

no avatar
mediavets

Re: NEWBIE MENU QUESTION

by mediavets » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:28 am

farkinoff wrote:While I was searching the forum yesterday I came across a link to a hotel tour taken in Switzerland I think. This tour had 3 or 4 medium sized thumbnail menu tabs that were labeled different areas of the hotel. When the tab was clicked the thumbnail gallery scrolled up (popped up) from the lower control bar so users could easily choose which pano they wanted.

Of course I did not save the url, for those who know what I am talking about and links or help would be great.

Thank you in advance!

Did you mean something like this?:
Attachments
1-ptp21-panorama-menu.jpg

no avatar
farkinoff

by farkinoff » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:40 pm

I found the tour, was wrong about the location. Funny you had replied to the same question from another member about the same tour. From your reply looks like this would be an xml code feature. Something I was hoping not to have to get into right now due to learning curve.

http://www.360tour.ro//lib/flash/tur-virtual-hotel-lux-garden/tur-virtual-hotel-lux-garden.html

mediavets wrote:
farkinoff wrote:While I was searching the forum yesterday I came across a link to a hotel tour taken in Switzerland I think. This tour had 3 or 4 medium sized thumbnail menu tabs that were labeled different areas of the hotel. When the tab was clicked the thumbnail gallery scrolled up (popped up) from the lower control bar so users could easily choose which pano they wanted.

Thank you in advance!

Did you mean something like this?:
Attachments
Capture.JPG

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:07 pm

farkinoff wrote:I found the tour, was wrong about the location. Funny you had replied to the same question from another member about the same tour. From your reply looks like this would be an xml code feature. Something I was hoping not to have to get into right now due to learning curve.

My example is done with the Panorama menu plugin; you may find a set of configuration settings that are 'good enough'.

The hotel tour is hand coded.

no avatar
farkinoff

by farkinoff » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Thank you for the reply! Good enough works for "me" only in the beginning, I need to learn how to get the best out of my products. The hard part is finding a happy balance with the labor involved and the price you can get. Always hard in our industry...

mediavets wrote:
farkinoff wrote:I found the tour, was wrong about the location. Funny you had replied to the same question from another member about the same tour. From your reply looks like this would be an xml code feature. Something I was hoping not to have to get into right now due to learning curve.

My example is done with the Panorama menu plugin; you may find a set of configuration settings that are 'good enough'.

The hotel tour is hand coded.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro