Animated Map Spot  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
vickywrig

Animated Map Spot

by vickywrig » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:37 am

Please, does anyone know if an animated spot exists in PTP2 for the floorplan. I want the current location in the tour to be highlighted on the floorplan when it is revealed and hidden. I know the obvious option is radar but that is not stable/does not appear on my output platform. Just want a spot that flashes, this would be great! Thanks =D

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Animated Map Spot

by mediavets » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:20 pm

vickywrig wrote: I know the obvious option is radar but that is not stable/does not appear on my output platform.

Which output platform is that?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:25 pm

vickywrig wrote:Please, does anyone know if an animated spot exists in PTP2 for the floorplan. I want the current location in the tour to be highlighted on the floorplan when it is revealed and hidden. Just want a spot that flashes, this would be great! Thanks =D

Not currently available via the GUI AFAIK.

no avatar
vickywrig

by vickywrig » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:12 pm

mediavets wrote:
vickywrig wrote:Please, does anyone know if an animated spot exists in PTP2 for the floorplan. I want the current location in the tour to be highlighted on the floorplan when it is revealed and hidden. Just want a spot that flashes, this would be great! Thanks =D

"GUI AFAIK" pardon. What is that in simple terms?

You won't like my answer mediavets, as quite rightly you believe PTP2 is not designed for this, but output is an offline exe. It just has to be that way. Thanks

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:44 pm

vickywrig wrote:
mediavets wrote:

"GUI AFAIK" pardon. What is that in simple terms?

You won't like my answer mediavets, as quite rightly you believe PTP2 is not designed for this, but output is an offline exe. It just has to be that way. Thanks

GUI = GraphicUserInterface. That means: it´s the window in which you do your work. This is a kind of interface to the code-based structure which is the nature of any application.

I think Andrew means that you need to edit in the XML code instead of editing it in the "wysiwyg" (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) editor.

AFAIK = As Far As I Know ;-)

Klaus

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:53 pm

vickywrig wrote:You won't like my answer mediavets, as quite rightly you believe PTP2 is not designed for this, but output is an offline exe. It just has to be that way. Thanks

Does the floorplan work at all in your offline EXE version?

How are you creating the EXE?

Destiny

by Destiny » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:22 am

Hi..

No animated map spots availabe... I asked for them a long time ago... Perhaps there is a reason why since the map spots have their own group...

Destiny

no avatar
vickywrig

by vickywrig » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Does the floorplan work at all in your offline EXE version?

How are you creating the EXE?

The floor plan does work in each of the exe. platforms that I'm using, with variations.

Server2go - Floorplan with hotspots that navigate - but no radar.
Autoplay (used as a front end title page) - Floorplan works but upset by radar, would animated hotspot do the same?
HTML Executable - Both work but prefer output from autoplay because the tour remains within the same interface.

Sorry for baffle.......

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:23 am

Have you tried the krpano server. Everything works as far as I know..

Destiny..

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro