Configuring a maximum image file size  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
FlatBallFlyer

Configuring a maximum image file size

by FlatBallFlyer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:18 pm

I am attempting to host a pano-tour, unfortunately my provider has a 1Mb limit on files uploaded via sftp. I can host images up to 20Mb, but the upload mechanism for large files doesn't allow me to place them in the correct panoTour data folder. Since pano-tour chops up my picture, I was wondering if there is a way to force all files to be less that 1Mb in size?

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Configuring a maximum image file size

by mediavets » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:16 pm

FlatBallFlyer wrote:I am attempting to host a pano-tour, unfortunately my provider has a 1Mb limit on files uploaded via sftp. I can host images up to 20Mb, but the upload mechanism for large files doesn't allow me to place them in the correct panoTour data folder.

What does that mean?

Since pano-tour chops up my picture, I was wondering if there is a way to force all files to be less that 1Mb in size?

AFAIK, there isn't.

no avatar
FlatBallFlyer

by FlatBallFlyer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:23 pm

I'm hosting with SquareSpace, their sftp policies prevent any uploads larger that 1Mb, they have a "single instance upload" feature that allows you to upload files up to 20Mb but they are stored in a pre-defined location, with no way to move them into the panodata folders.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:28 pm

FlatBallFlyer wrote:I'm hosting with SquareSpace, their sftp policies prevent any uploads larger that 1Mb, they have a "single instance upload" feature that allows you to upload files up to 20Mb but they are stored in a pre-defined location, with no way to move them into the panodata folders.

If that's the case I think it's time to find a diferent, more conventional, hosting service.

These templated Content Management Systems can be a real obstacle if one wishes to do anything outside the strictly defined scope.

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:03 am

20Mb for a good panorama resolution seems a high limitation.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro