Autotour with auto images  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
netline

Autotour with auto images

by netline » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:54 am

Good Day All,

I have a unique obstacle, more and more of my clients are asking if they can use the autotour function and with PTP 2 it is an easy thing to do but now I have a client wanting to have an autotour with images coming up at specific times kind of like a Powerpoint presentation. The reason behind this is that when the relevant marketing manager is doing a presentation infront of a group of people they would like to keep the flow and not have to turn and push buttons.

I look forward to some creative solutions!

Destiny

Re: Autotour with auto images

by Destiny » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:59 am

emm.. I think the only way to achieve this would be to put the Tour into Powerpoint, which I read it is possible.... Then use the Powerpoint features as you need them for the timed pop-ups.. As for doing this in PTP, not possible.. ....

Destiny....

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:29 am

netline wrote:Good Day All,

I have a unique obstacle, more and more of my clients are asking if they can use the autotour function and with PTP 2 it is an easy thing to do but now I have a client wanting to have an autotour with images coming up at specific times kind of like a Powerpoint presentation. The reason behind this is that when the relevant marketing manager is doing a presentation infront of a group of people they would like to keep the flow and not have to turn and push buttons.

I look forward to some creative solutions!

Why would he/she have to turn?

Does your client want to the scenes to change strictly according to a preset time interval or also want manual override?

Is it intended to use autorotation?

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:51 am

No timeline editor. But I add it as feature request.

no avatar
netline

by netline » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:54 am

Great this would be a great feature.

When having to stop the tour to show an image they would have to click pause and then show a pic.

Does your client want to the scenes to change strictly according to a preset time interval or also want manual override?

Also Manual Overide

Yes

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:56 am

benji33 wrote:No timeline editor. But I add it as feature request.

At last an acknowledgment that this is a requirement - but it needs more features too.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:09 pm

netline wrote:

Great this would be a great feature.

When having to stop the tour to show an image they would have to click pause and then show a pic.

Also Manual Overide

Yes

Did you consider the Previous/Next Strips plugin - see screenshot.

If your presenter was to use a touchscreen device, a tablet PC mounted on a lectern for example, to drive his/her data projector, then it would be very easy to move forwards and backwards through the scenes, changing scenes whenever it suited his/her delivery, and there would be no need to turn around away from the audience.

You could also have a control bar which starts closed to provide full manual override controls if required.
Attachments
1-ptp2-prev-next-strips.jpg

no avatar
netline

by netline » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:13 pm

If your presenter was to use a touchscreen device (mounted on a lectern for example), to drive his/her data projector, then it would be very easy to move forwards and backwards through the scenes, changing scenes whenever it suited his/her delivery, and there would be no need to turn around away from the audience.

You could also have a control bar which starts closed to provide full manual override controls if required.

Thank you Media Vets, it is a good idea however the owner of the property is over 70 years old and wants this process to be as automated as possible.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:27 pm

netline wrote:

If your presenter was to use a touchscreen device (mounted on a lectern for example), to drive his/her data projector, then it would be very easy to move forwards and backwards through the scenes, changing scenes whenever it suited his/her delivery, and there would be no need to turn around away from the audience.

Thank you Media Vets, it is a good idea however the owner of the property is over 70 years old and wants this process to be as automated as possible.

I think this form of manual control over scene chnage - prev/next strips on left and right edges of the tour display - would be superior to having pre-timed autochange of scenes, because that would demand that the presenter always managed to time his/her delivery to the second otherwise it could all go out of sync.

I'm 65 and I hope I'll still be able to touch a strip at either edge of the screen when I'm over 70.

If you can accept a fixed time interval; between scene changes then that can be specified now of course via the GUI.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:02 pm

netline wrote:

Another approach, which allows different timings for automatic scene changes for each scene.

360panogallery can do this:
http://ww2.360panotours.com/index.html

But it needs inputs to be SWF files created with Pano2VR.

However Pano2VR and 360panogallery are relatively inexpensive so you might consider this approach.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro