Determining Nadir Size ...  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
pollarda

Determining Nadir Size ...

by pollarda » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:23 am

I have a series of panoramas I have put together into a tour. I would like to use a logo for the nadir. However, I am not really clear as to if there is a good way to calculate the size of the image that I will need to patch the nadir. Is there a good way to do this? Or, do I have to experiment with semi-random sizes until I find a size that works? (I'd rather not go too big otherwise it is slow to load or too small where it becomes pixelated when enlarged.)

Thanks,

Art

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Determining Nadir Size ...

by mediavets » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 am

pollarda wrote:I have a series of panoramas I have put together into a tour. I would like to use a logo for the nadir. However, I am not really clear as to if there is a good way to calculate the size of the image that I will need to patch the nadir. Is there a good way to do this? Or, do I have to experiment with semi-random sizes until I find a size that works? (I'd rather not go too big otherwise it is slow to load or too small where it becomes pixelated when enlarged.)

Thanks,

Art

Perhaps export the cube faces of one pano then you should be able to determine the size required.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:18 pm

mediavets wrote:
Perhaps export the cube faces of one pano then you should be able to determine the size required.

Preferably the "down" face. Here you can see the size of your Nadir "hole".

Klaus

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:50 pm

take your main lesnes you use for panos.
make indoor demo panos using your lenses using all different focals (labeled on the lens)
create the demo panos... Export the cube face from the bottom face...
now you can compare the different sizes of your Nadir holes you have to cover...

each lens focal (used with same camera body) determines the final Pixel size of the pano and this in combination with focal used the size of the Nadir hole.

... so not the math method but the practise one...
Georg

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro