Auto rotation stopped working on the first pano.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Bmachine

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Auto rotation stopped working on the first pano.

by Bmachine » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:46 am

I turned Auto rotation on for my Panotour and it has been working well.

But suddenly after I tweaked a bunch of things, the auto rotation stopped working on the first image. (It may have been after I changed the start time from 1s to 2s but I'm not sure). It still works fine on all the other ones however. See here:

http://www.bostruyephotos.com/1916-dalton-page

I cannot find a setting that allows auto rotation to be controlled on a single pano. Only the project level one. Is there a parameter that controls this for individual panos?

Thank you!

klausesser

Liked in: 63 posts
Info

Re: Auto rotation stopped working on the first pano.

by klausesser » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Bmachine wrote:I turned Auto rotation on for my Panotour and it has been working well.

But suddenly after I tweaked a bunch of things, the auto rotation stopped working on the first image. (It may have been after I changed the start time from 1s to 2s but I'm not sure). It still works fine on all the other ones however. See here:

http://www.bostruyephotos.com/1916-dalton-page

I cannot find a setting that allows auto rotation to be controlled on a single pano. Only the project level one. Is there a parameter that controls this for individual panos?

Thank you!

In 1.8 you can set the behavior for every single pano in the tour by editing it´s individual xml. I guess it´s the same in 2.0!?

Klaus

PS: it´s a pity you have so massive stitch-errors - the building seems to be very nice . . . and surely would deserve to be shot as full sphere panos.

no avatar
Bmachine

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Bmachine » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:39 am

I am using 2.0.

I also noticed that when I check it on the iPad, that outside pano auto rotates normally. But on a desktop Mac, either with Safari or Firefox, it does not for some reason....

Ooops, sorry about the stitching probs. I forgot to warn that this was shot very quickly as a test and I did not have my pano head with me. So the camera is rotating around the tripod. Bad thing for close objects of course. I will reshoot that properly tomorrow.

Thank you.

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Seems linked to the fact that this panorama is not a full 360x180°. What is the image ratio (width/height) and do you use the crop tool into the hotspot editor ?
Seems autorotation start after around 1 minute ...

Your XML is encrypted so I can't look for these values by myself.
Benjamin