Regarding Floorplans  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
jschrader

Regarding Floorplans

by jschrader » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:31 pm

1. Is it possible to create an individual zoomable (tiled) floorplan?
I'm asking because for a project I want to use an aerial image instead of the maps plugin because google images are too old. The image itself would be too big to be shown in full size over the tour and scrolling the image is not really intuitive. People are used to the maps-like navigation and I prefer to use it this way.

2. Floorplan image is not centered in certain cases
If the border margin is set to values above 5 there is a significant difference between the side margins and the bottom margin if used together with a title and/or the close button. (And don't even try to tell me that's a minor issue :lol: )

3. Remove the animation, add alpha tween
Please tell your designers to do something useful. These animations are so 80s (and even then I refused to use them). Instead an alpha tween to show/hide the floorplan is much more elegant and less disruptive. Especially when used with an overlay.
Please test it yourself: Create a floorplan that covers a good portion of the screen and use a white overlay with transparent setting around 180 or more and add animation.
If you click to hide the floorplan first the image moves aside and then suddenly the overlay disappears.
Sooo disgusting.

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Regarding Floorplans

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:36 pm

jschrader wrote:1. Is it possible to create an individual zoomable (tiled) floorplan?
I'm asking because for a project I want to use an aerial image instead of the maps plugin because google images are too old. The image itself would be too big to be shown in full size over the tour and scrolling the image is not really intuitive. People are used to the maps-like navigation and I prefer to use it this way.

Could you do this with a Zoomify image with hotspots running in a web site viewer plugin?
http://www.zoomify.com/html5.htm

no avatar
jschrader

by jschrader » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Hm, could be a nice workaround, but Zoomify seems to support hotspots only in Flash viewer.
Also I'd rather see Kolor guys wrecking their brains to get it working in PTP instead mine while tinkering with improvisations :lol:

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:50 pm

jschrader wrote:Hm, could be a nice workaround, but Zoomify seems to support hotspots only in Flash viewer.

I saw a mention of hotspots - see screenshot below.

Also I'd rather see Kolor guys wrecking their brains to get it working in PTP instead mine while tinkering with improvisations :lol:

How long are you willing to wait? ;)
Attachments
1-zoomify-html5.jpg

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:51 pm

jschrader wrote:Hm, could be a nice workaround, but Zoomify seems to support hotspots only in Flash viewer.

Could you use a planar 'pano' image with hotspots as a map?

I think the answer may be - yes for Flash, but no for HTML5.

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:15 am

1) jschrader : Doesn't exists yet. But a planar panorama as floorplan is a good idea.

At this time it's possible to make a planar panorama tour into a webbox over the first tour, but the floorplan hotspots can't deal with the first tour easily.
So only possible without spots and with 2 differents projects with PTP 2 UI.

2) It's not a bug. it's the ratio which offer this result. When buttons are added the display space is resized and the ratio is not the same.
The "bug" is : floorplan must own a "resize to content" which is not implemented yet.

3) I add your report on the feature requests :)

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro