Image streched horizontally when viewing  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
John2014

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Image streched horizontally when viewing

by John2014 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:58 pm

Hello,

After creating 360 tour build and opening it in a Firefox Browser, I'm finding that the image is always stretched horizontally so that everything looks "fat". I understand there will be some distortion on the sides, but the images are always too wide - even in the center and zoomed in.

How do I correct this?

Thanks!

klausesser

Liked in: 59 posts
Info

Re: Image streched horizontally when viewing

by klausesser » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:20 pm

John2014 wrote:Hello,

After creating 360 tour build and opening it in a Firefox Browser, I'm finding that the image is always stretched horizontally so that everything looks "fat". I understand there will be some distortion on the sides, but the images are always too wide - even in the center and zoomed in.

How do I correct this?

Thanks!

Could you please add a screenshot and a closer description of how you shoot and stitch?

Klaus

no avatar
John2014

Topic author
Info

by John2014 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:13 am

The shots were taken with a Canon 60D (APC sensor) with a 12mm lens. There were 12 shots taken at 30 degree increments.
The shot from Firefox that I posted was zoomed in quite a lot.
The Original Chair shot was not zoomed in as much because it is just one of the single shots (I cropped the top and bottom a lot - it was taken as portrait orientation. I only cropped a little from the sides).
When you compare the chair - which was centered it's a lot wider in Firefox.
I did the stitch in Autopano and the build in Panotour using the basic simple commands from the video tutorial - I didn't do anything fancy.
I noticed when I put the Firefox to full screen it just readjusts the "stretched" image.
I've tried a few different sets of pictures and I always seem to get the same result.

Also you can see how stretched the piano is - as I said, this shot from the build is zoomed in a lot.

Thanks

no avatar
John2014

Topic author
Info

by John2014 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:25 am

Here is the non zoomed view from firefox.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 128 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:33 am

John2014 wrote:The shots were taken with a Canon 60D (APC sensor) with a 12mm lens. There were 12 shots taken at 30 degree increments.

A single row of 12 shots?

What projection type are you using when rendering the pano in APP/APG? Spherical or Cylindrical?

What is the VFOV and HFOV of the rendered pano image?

Which version of Panotour are you using?

no avatar
John2014

Topic author
Info

by John2014 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:26 am

mediavets wrote:

What projection type are you using when rendering the pano in APP/APG? Spherical or Cylindrical?

That was it right there! I was using the default Cylindrical. I just tried it with Spherical and the distortion is gone.

Funny, since it's just 1 row of shots, I would have thought it would work just as well with Cylindrical.

Thanks much for the help! I was stumped for a couple days on that one.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 128 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:50 am

John2014 wrote:
mediavets wrote:

That was it right there! I was using the default Cylindrical. I just tried it with Spherical and the distortion is gone.

Funny, since it's just 1 row of shots, I would have thought it would work just as well with Cylindrical.

Thanks much for the help! I was stumped for a couple days on that one.

It won't because Panotour only 'knows' how to handle images with a spherical projection or a planar projection.

With a single row of images APP/APG may use a cylindrical projection when left to determine projection type automatically.