Scene Animation  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0 problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
AnnaMaria

Scene Animation

by AnnaMaria » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:20 pm

I'm looking for someone who can help me write the code for this as this feature is currently not available. What I want is really quite straightforward I think. In my first panorama I'd like to start the pov up high (in this instance at the tree tops) and then slowly moving down to eye level. Don't necessarily expect this to be free. Thanks.

no avatar
mediavets

Re: Scene Animation

by mediavets » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:44 pm

AnnaMaria wrote:I'm looking for someone who can help me write the code for this as this feature is currently not available. What I want is really quite straightforward I think. In my first panorama I'd like to start the pov up high (in this instance at the tree tops) and then slowly moving down to eye level. Don't necessarily expect this to be free. Thanks.

You could do it yourself quite easily IF you were willing to invoke your current first panorama from a new first panorama.

Your first proper panorama would then in fact be the second panorama opened from a hotspot on the new first panorama (perhaps a simple planar image acting a s sort of into/splash screen/menu with a hotspot inviting the viewer to start the tour) with a Custom view (the the tree tops) to Panorama View (eye level) Target transition set.

no avatar
AnnaMaria

by AnnaMaria » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Thanks Mediavets. I will try that. Not sure it'll have the same effect as what I'm ultimately after. If I'm understanding you correctly it won't be a slow vertical transition?

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:15 pm

AnnaMaria wrote:Thanks Mediavets. I will try that. Not sure it'll have the same effect as what I'm ultimately after. If I'm understanding you correctly it won't be a slow vertical transition?

If you set the Custom view to be near the zenith and set the target transition to be Custom view to panorama view then it will be a vertical transition - at lest it was in my simple test - you may have to adjust the speed in the XML.

no avatar
AnnaMaria

by AnnaMaria » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:38 pm

Thanks again! I will try this later.

no avatar
AnnaMaria

by AnnaMaria » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi, Great. Thanks. Am getting very close to what I am after but if you can point out which bit of the .xmal I need to tweak to reduce the speed that would be fantastic! I can see the speed command for autorotate but not the one for the transition activated by the button? Here is the code for the first panorama in two screen grabs. Thanks again!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 12.06.51.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 12.06.41.png

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:35 pm

AnnaMaria wrote:Hi, Great. Thanks. Am getting very close to what I am after but if you can point out which bit of the .xmal I need to tweak to reduce the speed that would be fantastic! I can see the speed command for autorotate but not the one for the transition activated by the button? Here is the code for the first panorama in two screen grabs. Thanks again!

I'm no coder but I think it's the 'smooth' setting you need to adjust.

Here's the krpano documentation for that:

smooth(accel,break,maxspeed) - accelerated smooth movement (=default)

accel = acceleration in degrees/second² (default=720)
break = negative acceleration in degrees/second² (default=-720)
maxspeed = maximum moving speed in degrees/second (default=720)
Attachments
1-ptp2rc1-smooth-settings.jpg

no avatar
AnnaMaria

by AnnaMaria » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:42 pm

You're very kind! Thank you. I will have a go and let you know how I get on.

Return to Using Panotour / Panotour Pro