Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: tablet gestures
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:53 pm 

Hi everyone!

We are a bit new to the tablet frontiers, and I'm sure that many of you have already run into and solved the issue we are having, so I'm hoping to hear some feedback on enabling gestures on tablets.

the tablet we have has the multi-gestures enabeled (which work in regular web windows) but we can't get them to work on the virtual tours we've created through PTP 2.0 and PTP 1.8. There must be a feature to enable this somewhere, but we can't figure out where.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks as always!
Jeremiah

Post subject: Re: tablet gestures
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:13 pm 

jeremiahvr wrote:
Hi everyone!

We are a bit new to the tablet frontiers, and I'm sure that many of you have already run into and solved the issue we are having, so I'm hoping to hear some feedback on enabling gestures on tablets.

the tablet we have has the multi-gestures enabeled (which work in regular web windows) but we can't get them to work on the virtual tours we've created through PTP 2.0 and PTP 1.8. There must be a feature to enable this somewhere, but we can't figure out where.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks as always!
Jeremiah

What tablet do you have?

Which multi-touch gestures are not working for you when viewing tours?

What OS and which browser?

'Mobile-compatible' tours created with PTP 1.8 only work on Apple iDevices.

HTML5 tours created using PTP 2.x should work on a wider range of mobile platforms.

HTML5 tours created with PTP 2.x RC1 or later also support multi-resolution on mobile platforms.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:48 am 

the tablet we are trying to utilize is the "Motion" MC-F5te

specifically, the "pinch" two fingers to zoom in or zoom out feature is not working

Operating system is Windows 7, Browser is Internet Explorer.

the tour was built using PTP 1.8. so... thats going to be a bit painful until we get it launched on 2.0. but in the meantime, we should be able to get the navigation bar buttons working. like the zoom in and zoom out and left and right and up and down buttons. those don't seem to work either. the "home" button works fine and the custom buttons we've made work ok, just not the navigation buttons. we can't use IOS devices as our pop ups have flash animations.

Thanks for you help!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:06 am 

Jeremiahscott wrote:

specifically, the "pinch" two fingers to zoom in or zoom out feature is not working

the tour was built using PTP 1.8. so... thats going to be a bit painful until we get it launched on 2.0. but in the meantime, we should be able to get the navigation bar buttons working. like the zoom in and zoom out and left and right and up and down buttons. those don't seem to work either. the "home" button works fine and the custom buttons we've made work ok, just not the navigation buttons. we can't use IOS devices as our pop ups have flash animations.

Thanks for you help!!

The best advice I can give you is to replace those flash animations A.S.A.P. with something that does work. Not only on iPads but also on many Androids flash is not working (don't think every Android user will want or be able to install it) Flash is on it's way to the exit, you don't want to join them!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:26 am 

yes, I agree the flash files are an issue, but I think that's a seperate issue. and as we've built this tour for a specific purpose and only for specific users on a closed network, we are not trying to build the tour for the masses (who use ios devices). so with that in mind, any suggestions on how to get the navigation buttons on the control bar to work? I'd think they SHOULD work, they work fine on the desktop, any reason the navigation buttons wouldn't work on a tablet?

'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:03 am 

Jeremiahscott wrote:

So this is the tablet you are talking about?

http://www.motioncomputing.co.uk/produc ... _pc_f5.asp

If so then PTP/krpano will 'recognise' that as a Flash-enabled platform and not as a 'tablet'. By 'tablet' I thought you meant an iOS or Android device.

I imagine that the touch features/gestures supported by Windows 7 on this device are perhaps simply not supported by Flash or by the krpano Flash panorama Viewer?

I found this info about multitouch and gesture support in Flash:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/artic ... tures.html

And I think think this is highly relevant:

http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?p ... stID=38609

However that doesn't explain why some of the navigation buttons wouldn't work. Are you seeking to operate the navigation bar buttons via finger touch or with a stylus?

Which version of IE are you using? IE11 is now supported on Windows 7.

Quote:

Thanks for you help!!

There's no reason why you cannot try PTP 2.x if this tablet PC is running Windows 7 and supports Flash.

FYI if tours created with PTP 2.x with mobile-compatiblity determine the viewing platform is an iOS or Android device with multitouch support then the zoom in/out and left/right/up/down buttons are automatically removed from the display of the navigation control bar as they are deeemed redundant.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:49 pm 

mediavats.... I owe you one! :) beers are on me next time! :) that KRpano plugin worked like a charm!! it fixed the buttons being non-responsive and the gestures! thank you very much for the thorough response and the many points in the right direction! :) you made my day! I was also impressed to see that the plugin worked both in PTP 1.8 and in version 2.0 :)

Thanks again!