coding Control Bar video tutorial  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
pbetancourt

Topic author
Liked in: 7 posts
Info

coding Control Bar video tutorial

by pbetancourt » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:17 pm

While customizing control bar from the GUI is still very limited, it would be very helpful to have a video tutorial from Kolor's team explaining in detail the process for modifying the code (having in mind non-coders like me please =D ).
I have two examples of things that I would like to be covered by the tutorial.
In my first attempt to customize a control bar, I changed the icons of the "classic Control Bar".
pablo_skin.jpg
pablo_skin.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 767 times

But I want to change the position of some of them. For example, I would like to have the "move left" button before the "move up" button. I don't know to code that. I also don't like the small jump effect that buttons do when mouse is over them.
Transparency cannot be avoid (while I read that this is a bug). Buttons cannot be bigger, they are limited to the background box's size, predetermined by the software.

Or even better, I would love to built a completely different control bar, similar to google's map one:
google.jpg
google.jpg (36.11 KiB) Viewed 767 times

That's because I'm building a tour with google maps enabled, and it has much more sense if all the controls in the page are similar for the visitor.

Many thanks!

Pablo

no avatar
AlanS

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: coding Control Bar video tutorial

by AlanS » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:47 pm

pbetancourt wrote:
That's because I'm building a tour with google maps enabled, and it has much more sense if all the controls in the page are similar for the visitor.

Many thanks!

Pablo

Yes, I felt the same way. I just built my first plugin that is a clean nav set similar to Google. It was a bother for a creative who knows just enough about XML to be dangerous, so YMMV :) Link to forum post here:

http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=21024

Alan

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

Re: coding Control Bar video tutorial

by benji33 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 am

You can also look after the rounded corner control bar xml code of PTP and create your own plugin.
See : http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... umentation
Benjamin