Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:55 pm 

happy new year to everyone,

We are creating residential tours in newly developed subdivisions. During the winter, obviously the outside shots will not have green grass and beautiful flowers - certainly not to the extent they would in the spring. Rather than Photoshop in grass and flowers, it would be much simpler if the first "Pano" in the tour ( the outside shot) were a still shot since. does anyone have a solution?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:55 pm 

James2014 wrote:
happy new year to everyone,

We are creating residential tours in newly developed subdivisions. During the winter, obviously the outside shots will not have green grass and beautiful flowers - certainly not to the extent they would in the spring. Rather than Photoshop in grass and flowers, it would be much simpler if the first "Pano" in the tour ( the outside shot) were a still shot since. does anyone have a solution?

Welcome to the forum...

What problem do you have in making the first image in the tour a still shot?

By 'still shot' I presume you mean a single (unstitched) image rather than many image stitched together?

PT/PTP will accept single images as input - just set the Output projection to Planar:

Attachments:
1-ptp2rc1-planar-projection.jpg
1-ptp2rc1-planar-projection.jpg [ 210.09 KiB | Viewed 244 times ]

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:58 pm 

ok, great... I will give that a try!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:37 am 

thank you, I was able to use a flat image for the front of the house. However, the floor plan will not pop out. When you enter the house, you can access the floor plan, but not in the very first flat image. If anyone has encountered this and come up with a solution I would love to hear it, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:01 am 

Hi... If you are going with this option, you need to place the 2D image into its own Group and add the same floor plan and hotspots as the first Group.. Or you can add the floor plan to the first Group of panos, but then it will keep showing when you might not want it to..

Adding a 2D image in this way is not a good option and there are issues with adding the same floor plan to the 2D image Group.. You will need to line up the hotspots to match XY positions, which is not possible via the UI so you need to do via the xml.. I requested an XY data readout in the UI, but I doubt it that will come for a long time, if ever.. If it was available, you could just take a record of their XY locations and match it to the second floor plan hotspots, at the moment you will see a flick as they show as miss alined to the second floor plan.. The thing is, if you do not add a floor plan to the 2D image Group, when you start the Tour with the floor plan open or click on the Floor Plan menu icon, nothing will show.. since there is no floor plan added.. You can add it to the Tour itself but same issues..

Also, if you add a 2D image to your Tour, its not good to set it to start on Auto Rotate or Auto Tour since the first 2D image will also begin to rotate but not very well, not a good look.. There is no option for Pano Specific, and no option for Tour Specific either. In this case, there is no option to omit the 2D image from the Auto Rotate Tour/Pano...

The more you test and experiment with PTP V2, you will find restrictions and doors that open.. Some features are in need of a lot more advanced options.

I made up a quick demo...

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... Image.html

By far the best option if you just need to view a 2D intro image would be to add a Splash Image. That way it looks much more professional and does not interfere with the Auto Tour/Pano. You do not have to worry about the floor plan either since its only linked to the Groups/Tours and not a 2D image.. My advice is go for this option.. I have set this Splash Image to view for 5-secs. I have also set the pano to pause on media open..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... Image.html

Destiny..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:36 pm 

I sure appreciate the help... will give it a try