Panorama Menu: Hide submenu after click  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Panotour 2.0+ problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
jschrader

Topic author
Liked in: 3 posts
Info

Panorama Menu: Hide submenu after click

by jschrader » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:39 pm

In the meantime you may know that I take care of many tiny details in the layout and design of the tours.

Now that we have sorted out (almost all) the issues with transparency and as I made a huge progress towards the end of my progress I found another thing that is a bit annoying.

The submenu below the menu bar can be very huge and obstruct big parts of the screen, especially with smaller screen sizes. When you then click on a menu item the new panorama loads into the background and gets obstructed by the huge submenu. Which especially is annoying, as the starting screen of a new panorama is designed to display an interesting subject and catch the users attention. If now it is covered by a huge portion of whatsoever the effect is more or less non existent and an important moment is wasted. Even more annoying it is when people and people's faces are covered by the menu.

Is there a chance to change the code (manually) to hide the submenu fold right after the click?

I hope the screenshot makes it a bit more clear.
Attachments
cover.jpg

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Panorama Menu: Hide submenu after click

by bdd » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:58 pm

jschrader wrote:Is there a chance to change the code (manually) to hide the submenu fold right after the click?

As soon as you click, outside the menu, it disappears.
But I agree, this extra click can be annoying and not user friendly. This non major issue is opened since a long date on our side.
Solving it by modifying by hand the JS/CSS script managing the menu can be a hard task.
As soon as we found a fix for it, we will post a patch on this forum.

Gérald

no avatar
jschrader

Topic author
Liked in: 3 posts
Info

Re: Panorama Menu: Hide submenu after click

by jschrader » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:39 pm

It is not the extra click that's annoying but the missed opportunity to give the visitor a good experience. Which makes a big difference an also makes it by far more important than you think it is.

I can assure you, it definitely IS a major issue because user experience is what our entire industry is about. If that wasn't our concern we wouldn't be doing what we are doing.

And I'm not convinced at all that this behavior can not easily be changed. Because if there's a command that hides the submenu on a click outside, there can also be a command that hides the submenu at any click or at a click on a hotspot or after the load of a panorama. So what's the problem?